Summerland (1 Viewer)

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
HSC_sUcKsSsS said:
summerland looks like a cheap rip og the oc
Hmm. I think it will be different. The children are a lot younger. I think most of the first season will be the children coming to terms with the death of their parents:).

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
how is it anything remotely similar to the OC? because they are both set near a beach..? right.

anyway, i watched it last night, it seemed pretty corny but the dynamics between the 7 of the housemembers is something which could be interesting maybe. i missed the pilot, how did the parents die?

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
yeah was last night the pilot on the second episode?
coz i was a bit lost with the parents
oh well i liked it anywayz

alien

HSC
i liked it both weeks. i think the parents died in a car accident... not sure...

Andrea86

HSC
N/A
alby said:
& ryan sounds so bad...as other people've said...its like he's putting on an aussie accent...& he looks really scruffy...not a good look at all...what happened to the cute ryan from h&a!! he looked really good back then
i thought he was playing an Aussie guy anyway?? :confused: ..

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
hiphophorray123 said:
what a load of crap the acting is fkn shit its just another OC
Again, I ask, how is it anything remotely similar to the OC?

because it's american, and it's set near a beach and has young people in it? OMG ITS THE OC!#!@%!)!~~!

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
johnson said:
how is it anything remotely similar to the OC? because they are both set near a beach..? right.
I think the only similarity is that it is about kids growing up:rolleyes:.

johnson said:
anyway, i watched it last night, it seemed pretty corny but the dynamics between the 7 of the housemembers is something which could be interesting maybe. i missed the pilot, how did the parents die?
I missed the first fifteen minutes or so but from reading on the Internet, it seems that there was a storm and the kids parents went out to help others at a road closure but are killed when a river bursts its banks:).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
mizz_smee said:
yeah was last night the pilot on the second episode?
coz i was a bit lost with the parents
oh well i liked it anywayz
Mondays episode was the second episode. I am glad that the children's attitudes have changed, now the story line can start moving on. Hopefully the story line will improve:).

Althea

Merethrond said:
Mondays episode was the second episode. I am glad that the children's attitudes have changed, now the story line can start moving on. Hopefully the story line will improve:).
Hhhm, yes. I actually thought the acting was pretty good in this episode - well, at least better than it was last week ;).

I'm hoping to that from here on the storyline will improve - and what is it at the moment with young kids having a boyfriend/girlfriend :confused:?
I mean, Nikki would only be what, 11 or 12, and in the next ep she has a boyfriend :confused:? They are starting earlier and earlier these days :uhhuh:.

Anyways, I'll think I continue to watch Summerland - it's getting better now that Nikki's over herself :).

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
I'm hoping to that from here on the storyline will improve - and what is it at the moment with young kids having a boyfriend/girlfriend :confused:?
I mean, Nikki would only be what, 11 or 12, and in the next ep she has a boyfriend :confused:? They are starting earlier and earlier these days :uhhuh:.
What is ridiculous is how Bradin thinks he has a chance with his surfing coach. I think I remember them mentioning that he is sixteen she must be at least 25:p.

Althea

Merethrond said:
What is ridiculous is how Bradin thinks he has a chance with his surfing coach. I think I remember them mentioning that he is sixteen she must be at least 25:p.
Yeah, he's pathetic - but it seemed to be like she was coming onto/leading him on to... 'don't be one of those guys'.
It was so funny seeing him off his face - he only looks old enough to be drinking apple juice, not beer :rolleyes:.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Merethrond said:
but didn't you think it was all a bit too sudden and cliched
two episodes into the series, all tension between the kids and the adults have suddenly dissolved and they're one big happy family. and pairing off like they did at the end of the second episode...it just all seemed too corny!

it would make much more interesting drama had nicky calmed down, but still held tension towards housemates. people don't change overnight, least of all little shits. i mean kids.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Yeah, he's pathetic - but it seemed to be like she was coming onto/leading him on to... 'don't be one of those guys'.
Yeah, I was thinking that too. I doubt it will happen though. I mean it would be far too unrealistic:).

Althea said:
It was so funny seeing him off his face - he only looks old enough to be drinking apple juice, not beer :rolleyes:.
Yeah, he got drunk off two beers:p. Just about all teen shows are showing kids drinking:rolleyes:.

johnson said:
but didn't you think it was all a bit too sudden and cliched
two episodes into the series, all tension between the kids and the adults have suddenly dissolved and they're one big happy family. and pairing off like they did at the end of the second episode...it just all seemed too corny!

it would make much more interesting drama had nicky calmed down, but still held tension towards housemates. people don't change overnight, least of all little shits. i mean kids.
Yeah, it was a bit unrealistic, but I wouldn't exactly call it corny. There were some hugely corny moments in the show though:rolleyes:. I am happy that it happened so quick though, I couldn't have taken the plot much longer. Actually, I still don't think I will like the show. It just seems to be missing some action or something. It just feels a bit too gay:(.

Althea

Merethrond said:
It just feels a bit too gay:(.
Hehe :D, yeah - I've come to the realisation that their life knows nothing other than 'happy endings' :rolleyes: . Come on, her parents just died - of course Nikki would be acting like a little snake... and she would definetly not get over them dying overnight ... but meh, that's what you get in a show aired during the non-ratings period, right :rolleyes:?

how u doin?

HSC
Merethrond said:

that surfing teacher (erica i think) is absolutley gorgeous. in my opinion, she's the hottest chick on tv at the moment

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Althea said:
Hehe :D, yeah - I've come to the realisation that their life knows nothing other than 'happy endings' :rolleyes: . Come on, her parents just died - of course Nikki would be acting like a little snake... and she would definetly not get over them dying overnight ... but meh, that's what you get in a show aired during the non-ratings period, right :rolleyes:?
Bradin didn't have a happy ending:p.

how u doin? said:
that surfing teacher (erica i think) is absolutley gorgeous. in my opinion, she's the hottest chick on tv at the moment
Well she is very pretty but she has some strong competition form a lot of fine looking ladies:D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)