• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Super Cheap Auto 1000 - Bathurst (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
lol *rain dance*

i want williams to finish in the points :eek:
Please don't dance :eek:
I want ferrari to win :eek:

Argonaut said:
I'm working all Sunday, 6.30-5.00, so I'm going to miss the whole bloody thing, even though I asked for the day off, they never gave it to me.
Poor Argo! I don't know how you could cope missing the whole race! I'm so excited about Sunday that I'm barely sleeping. Its going to be a Ford of 888 on the top of the podium on Sunday :)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
anyway, how lucky was that kangaroo during the HPDC race..lucky it slipped or it would of got hit, the car missed it by what looked like a few centemeters, and it nearly got hit by 2 more cars while running away...thats one lucky skippy.

i just saw on sports tonight on a historic touring car (not sure what type) who lost it in the chase, and went up on his 2 side wheels...but managed to get it back on all fours. nice driving skills there

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bahahahahaha, ingall is such an idiot. Him and Ambrose both belong in the gravel traps :D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Ingall had it then he stuffed it, they are saying its a brake bias issue or he grabed the wrong gear.

jason richards just lost it in the same spot, maybe its something on the track maybe from that carrera cup flip?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I doubt that it was because of the flip. They said Ingall picked 2 gears at the same time.

Ingall is just an idiot anyway, and as for richards - what do you expect from a kiwi :rolleyes:

I hope the rain stays away until after the top 10 shoot out. I want a Lowndes / Skaife front row.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Lowndes is the best best driver up the top of the mountain. He made 4 tenths of a second up on Ambrose. Yay! I hope he can win tomorrow. I'm just worried that Muller will stuff it up. His lap times have been a fair way off.

Shame about Ambrose being on the front row.

nit

HSC
Gotta feel for Seton and Jim Richards though, who were forced to go out on wets

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Oh dear :eek: Not a good race, argh! I can't believe how lucky Lowndes was when that wheel hit his windscreen. I was in shock, actually still am. Can't they put wheel teathers (sp) like F1 has onto V8s?

If a ford is to win, I'd like Seto to win now, since Lowndes can't win. But this is Bathurst, and isn't almost half the field out already :rolleyes: Someone should crash into Ambroses car.

*cries*

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I won't tell you who won, but the pile up was pretty intense, there was a lot of talk about how it could be red flagged, thankfully it continued. And it sucks for Steve and Jim, both father and son having to pull out due to their crappy co-drivers.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
That was one of the best and most entertaining Bathurst races I have seen in a while.

I hated the podium :( There could have been better drivers on it. grr ... stupid race drivers. Atleast this year no Kangaroos destroyed anything :p

Argo - if I was a prophet, I think I'd be quite rich and happy right now :rolleyes:
Not saying anything else until you watch the race! So hurry up and watch it so I can whinge, bitch and complain about everything!

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
im not into car racing but that was a rather exciting climax.

i wanted to see murphy and ambrose punch on tho :(

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Cape said:
I hated the podium :( There could have been better drivers on it. grr ... stupid race drivers. Atleast this year no Kangaroos destroyed anything :p
The roo came pretty close in the qualifying :( not close enough though. I thought the podium was alright, but only because I like underdogs

SlipStream

HSC
***** braad, spoiler below so close your eyes. *****

Poor Ford. Maybe next year (been sayin that for the last 6 years).

Lowndes makes a single simple mistake, and costs him the race. Seriously, what a shame. :(

That's the unpredictable, unforgiving nature of Mount Panorama.

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
yay! i was right, i predicted skaife would take it out, but it was a close one for a while between him and richards..it would of been great to see him first

i was wrong with jones and bowe being contenders too, being taken out before you can do one lap must be devastating. i could understand why he was crying in the car.

what bad luck for lowdnes, this was going to be his year but one touch against a wall and its all ruined...then when he goes back out, one of the most freakish incidents. he was lucky he saw it coming and he put his visor down or it could have been worse.

murphy should of hit ambrose one after that, although he would of got in trouble for it, i would of heard what colorful words they were exchanging...from what i saw it looks like ambrose turned into murphy (but i guess who you think is at fault depends on who you support). but you have to feel sorry for the ones who got caught out trying to all get through at once.

there was too much incidents for my liking (quite a few of them from the champ car drivers), i think it was 8 safety cars during the race.

i missed the whole balaclava issue, what happend there? all i saw was ambrose bitching about it in the drive through.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
shortygb said:
i missed the whole balaclava issue, what happend there? all i saw was ambrose bitching about it in the drive through.
Luff and Ambrose weren't wearing their fire proof balaclava's under their helmet. Apparently they had a "gentlemens agreement" that if the driver doesn't feel comfortable in them, they don't have to wear them. But because Bathurst is an international sporting event, the balaclava must be woren. I seriously don't know what the hell he was complaining about. I couldn't be that annoying, can it?

Ingall and Youlden weren't wearing one either, thats why Ingall came and did an un-schedule pitstop and changed drivers so he didn't get a drive through.

I read that the wind chill factor in Lowndes's car was -15 degrees!

I so should have taped the race! I want to watch it again :(

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
oh ok i get it now. i thought drivers had to wear them all the time at every race.

lowdnes' car was just like an open wheeler, with a roof. he was lucky it didnt rain or they would of had to pull out. it was still good he came 15th considering his circumstances.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I thought that the drivers had to wear them to. If they are running under the FIA agreement, then they should follow what the FIA instructs, and the FIA says where balaclavas.

I think most drivers in the field wear one. Except Ambrose, I think
1. He left his brain at home
2. Hes a stubborn old gronk, who was more focused upon winning Bathurst before he pissed off to America.

Lowndes and Muller drove a great race considering what happened to them.

SlipStream

HSC
Cape said:
I seriously don't know what the hell he was complaining about. I couldn't be that annoying, can it?
They're uncomfortable at room temperature, let alone a 45+ degree race car. They really are that bad.

nit

HSC
That pile-up at Reid Park or wherever it was at the end was amazing...Ambrose was so lucky not to have been shunted over the fence...that could've been quite nasty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)