Superannuation funds (1 Viewer)

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Im assuming most of you would have had a few jobs by now, so what do you do with your super? I want to consolidate all mine to one fund but am not sure if theres a particular good one or if it even makes a difference.

fillstar

HSC
Most young people don't even give a thought about super. There is a huge range out there so just like an investment, do some reasearch such as internet, financial publications and order some PDS's from companies that seem good to you.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I thought that wouldve been the case. Good to know its not just me.

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I keep getting letters from superannuation people saying all this shit about insurance and whatever, every few weeks or so.

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
RENT (the one most people use anyway) is supposed to be good for people with low income. but then when you start earning the big bucks apparently this other one is better.

i 'unno. i closed my super and got like two hundred dollars. yay for super.

but i want to reopen it now i have a job again :(:( silly jebs

chelzmalee

death by pastry
HSC
I was with HOSTPlus, which is a hospitality industry specific fund, but I've moved to retail, so I moved my super to REST. I guess it depends on what you want, if you want to invest your super then shop around and find a good deal. It's like looking for insurance, a bank account, a credit card...

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
Ugh. REST. *spits* Can't put my finger on why, but REST leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it's just a conditioned reaction from my bad old retails days... ;)

Industry super funds're nice, for all the reasons explained at http://www.industrysuper.com.au/. Further, we're young'uns, we can generally afford to go for the more aggressive investment opportunities, as we've got more time to ride the ups and downs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)