superconductors, maglev trains, plz proof read this for me (1 Viewer)

!! AAA !!

Jackanator87
HSC
Describe how superconductors and the effects of magnetic fields have been applied to develop a maglev train.

Superconductors are metals which does not have any resistance to electrical current flow, they became superconducting as their critical temperatures are reached {somewhere close to absolute zero,-273.15}. Superconductors also repel magnetic fields and will cause a magnet to levitate about it, this spectacle is called the Meissner effect,

Maglev train is short for magnetically levitated vehicle, they are the new generation of trains as they are faster {it can travel up to 580km/h}, more reliable, safer, requires less maintenance and has lower environmental impact than the tradition wheeled train. They are currently used in countries such as Japan, China and Germany, Maglev levitation can be done in two ways, both of them involves superconductor and the effect of magnetic fields. In Japan, superconducting magnets which are installed on the bottom of the train interact with the coils in the guideway, which cause the train to levitate as “like poles” repels each other. In Germany and China, the train is elevated when the side of the train {with superconducting magnet installed} is attracted to the iron rails on the edge of the guideway.

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
1. Personally i wouldn't have brackets in answers, it disrupts the flow of the words when markers are trying to read it.

2. "Maglev train is short for magnetically levitated vehicle, they are the new generation of trains as they are faster {it can travel up to 580km/h}, more reliable, safer, requires less maintenance and has lower environmental impact than the tradition wheeled train." This sentence is unnecessary as that's not what the question asks.

You can choose to agree or disagree with my opinion.

HSC
"Superconductors are metals which does not have any resistance to electrical current flow,"

worded badly. perhaps:

"Superconductors are metals which have no resistance to electrical current flow."

"they became superconducting as their critical temperatures are reached {somewhere close to absolute zero,-273.15}"

This is true for many metals. But there are lots of metals/ceramics which have much higher critical temperatures...50+ Kelvin.

thunderdax

I AM JESUS LOL!
HSC
!! AAA !! said:
In Germany and China, the train is elevated when the side of the train {with superconducting magnet installed} is attracted to the iron rails on the edge of the guideway.
Germany and china don't use superconductors at all, but use ferromagnets instead of electromagnets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)