• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Superhero movie (1 Viewer)

LoneWolf1990

HSC
I saw it yesterday, it was hilarious especially the scene when all the animals were mating with Rick as well as the different cliques on the bus and the scene with Tom Cruise and the tour around 'the school of non-asian gifted' where there are 'students who can walk through walls and think they can walk through walls' and the different things Professor X rides around on. Also the spoof of the Spiderman fight in the alley was good. Any thoughts on the movie guys? and other favourite scenes?

Last edited:

HalcyonSky

HSC
Superhero Movie (2008)

User Rating: 3.6/10 (3,372 votes)

yeaah

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
looks like another stupid date movie, epic movie, meet the spartan (ie, a movie that is NOT FUNNY AT ALL AND ITS MIND BOGGLING HOW ANYONE CAN THINK THIS IS FUNNY) granted, date movie had a few laughs, can't say the same for epic movie or meet the spartans or scary movie 4.

however, leslie nilsen is in this so might get 1 or 2 laughs from it, but i wouldn't pay to see it.

HalcyonSky

HSC
LoneWolf1990 said:
you must be a really boring person
you must be an incredibly deep and interesting individual who appreciates clever, original and non-blatantly obvious humour in movies

fucktard.

icecreamdisco

HSC
actually, this is by different personel than the recent crop of parodies; it has people involved with naked gun, so it might be a slight return to form for the misbegotten spoof genre.

i can't believe date/epic movie & meet the spartans were written and directed by the same two people (jason friedberg & aaron seltzer). there goes the auteur theory, right there.

there they are. start hatin'.

walrusbear

HSC
i like the onionavclub description of their work/business:
'canny hucksterism'

spiny norman

HSC
I've recently started work at a cinema, and so have seen many parts of many films.

I must admit, seeing Drake Bell explain to Leslie Nielsen about his superpowers made me chuckle.

That said, we wait until all the patrons have left the theatre until we clean it. I've had quite a few sessions where we finished cleaning a session before the credits began, because that few people sit through the ridiculously long blooper reel.

icecreamdisco

HSC
doesn't the blooper reel, like, run longer than the movie

meet the spartans was like and hour long or something... apparently seltz and frieds can't come up with a movie's length worth of movie re-enactments and pop culture namechecks, let alone jokes.

Last edited:

LoneWolf1990

HSC
Hey I just thought of something, I know the movie spoofs superhero movies but do you think it was also spoofing Smallville? This is because I think Rick's friend is a parody of Pete Ross from Smallville anyone agree?(please note I'm not just saying this because he's black.)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
This movie was worth downloading.

Leslie nelson is good + George Bluth Sr. from Arrested development.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
The only funny par is when the presidents msg buffers and it comes out saying two girls one cup.

shit movie.

HalcyonSky

HSC
fucking hell, there's so much potential lulz in these parody movies. Those 2 assholes that keep fucking it all up need to let someone who's actually funny direct / write one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)