Supervisor position @ Coles (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Just today I've been told that the store manager wants me to become a supervisor... I've only been working as a checkout chick for just under two months and I'm not sure what the responsibilities are within the position of supervisor...

Is it worth the tiny tiny amount of extra pay?

I'm also a full time uni student, and I'm not sure how to hours will be... cos I know that supervisors are also needed at open [fkn 5:30am] and close [which isnt a concern cos I usually work till close anyway]

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks =]

Apollo34

HSC
Dude, go for it...

All the other checkout chicks would just love to be in your positon, sure its more hours but its a more comfortable job and it gets you respect.

P

pLuvia

I say go for it, my brother is a supervisor for Woolies and he doesn't do much of the customer service as he used when he was just a normal checkout guy. So seeing as you hate customers (lol from that rules for customers thread) this might be an opportunity to get out from serving those bastards :p

And plus you have one more thing, good thing you can put into your resume. And since you've worked only 2 months you must be a good employee :)

CieL

HSC
Thank you all..!!

Besides Politik [who hasn't given me a reason as why to not accept the position], everyone has given me encouragement :) and I think I'll take it up... If I turn it down now, I might not have a second chance at it!

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Exactly :)

Go for it!

It's more work, but it's less mind-numbing than beeping all day.

HSC
I'd love to become a supervisor, so I'd definately take it if I were you. The store obviously knows that your a uni student, therefore they shouldn't expect you to work beyond what you're working now.
Maybe it's because of your availabilities that you've been asked to become a supervisor?

CieL

HSC
lol Actually, within my first week, I already had to do a few 5:30am opens..

That kinda screwed me over

CieL

HSC
Well... cos in my area, we're majorly understaffed... so instead of having less to do, I have my usual job PLUS supervisor tasks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)