supp text ~ Marthur Luther King Jr - i have a dream!! (1 Viewer)

*RiNa*

HSC
i have chosen the speech by Marthur Luther King Jr - "i have a dream..." but i dont have any notes on it. So could any1 help me please??
i hav a half yearly exam in 2 days, so i need it quite urgently..
any help much appreciated
thanks

xx

cutie_pie01

HSC
I did that for my half yearly and journeys portfolio as well; it's a pretty good text.

Some ideas I extracted from it were (from the top of my head):

- King's 'vision' - how imaginative journeys occur through speculation
- King refers to the past as well as the future eg: the American government's from for civil rights to amfrican americans etc
-imaginative journeys can be personal - king presents his own vision/goal
- it also shows imaginative journeys can be shared - king is sharing his journey to a wider audience - talk about how journeys can be 'layered' - ie: the text encompasses more than one journey.
- look at King's use of oratorical techniques eg: rhetoric, allusion - Gettysburg address etc.
- I did the text only, but if you want to look at the use of tone, pause, pace etc you can do the actual delivery of the speech - it's eaisly found online.

Hope it helps. Good luck. :)

passion89

HSC
I did it as well but my teacher told me I can't do it in the trials or actual HSC because it's already on the HSC list for the speeches module. I don't advise you do I have a dream because you would be taking a huge risk.

J-Ladette

HSC
that sucks...i have an imaginative journey text book,and i have a dream is in there for a related text and ive been studying it all week.My trials are in 2 days and now apparently we cant use it?

passion89

HSC
Well that's what my teacher said, yes. But if your teacher is fine with it (ask them) then use it. Just be extremely careful if using it for the actual HSC exams. Are your trials in 2 days? Wow that's early

J-Ladette

HSC
yeah,start on friday...everyone's heaps nervous cos we didnt have half yearly's and now we just got these mad fat exams to deal with...it's messed up

passion89

HSC
J-Ladette said:
yeah,start on friday...everyone's heaps nervous cos we didnt have half yearly's and now we just got these mad fat exams to deal with...it's messed up
Damn...good luck! I would hate to be in your shoes - haven't even finished the coursework for any subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)