Supplementary Exams/Further Assessment (1 Viewer)

squance

I like cheese!!!
HSC
I think I failed my maths exam today....

If I get an overall grade of around 45%-49% and just failed to pass, would I be entitled to further asssessment or a supplementary exam??? (I go to Melb Uni by the way...)

I really really really don't want to repeat the subject

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
squance said:
I think I failed my maths exam today....

If I get an overall grade of around 45%-49% and just failed to pass, would I be entitled to further asssessment or a supplementary exam??? (I go to Melb Uni by the way...)

I really really really don't want to repeat the subject
yeah u should be able to sit a supplementry exam or even a get a CP, check out your uni website for info about assessments, but yeah, they should be able to give u a chance, supplementry exams aren't necessarily easier tho

squance

I like cheese!!!
HSC
I looked at my uni website and apparently they only offer this if you applied for special consideration or if you are in your final semester and just failed one subject...

I'm a first year student so I guess I 'll be repeating the subject...

If like half of the students in a subject fail, would they "scale" the marks up so that more pass?? (this is for a maths subject by the way)

mariyamo

VIP
HSC
squance said:
I looked at my uni website and apparently they only offer this if you applied for special consideration or if you are in your final semester and just failed one subject...

I'm a first year student so I guess I 'll be repeating the subject...

If like half of the students in a subject fail, would they "scale" the marks up so that more pass?? (this is for a maths subject by the way)
At this point just hope for the best until results come out, final exams are supposed to be somewhat challenging so you might not be the only one who found the exam really hard. I know at my uni they do give supplementry exams if u have a grade between 45-49. For reassurance, try contacting your uni's admin/student centre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)