Supplementary Exams (1 Viewer)

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Anybody doing any? They're up on the net now. I got accepted for STAT272, didn't get accepted for ACCG253.

I can't believe I didn't get accepted for 253 after being forced (and told by the supervisor) to leave the exam an hour early where I coughed up my own blood in the toilets, having perfect attendance and owned the 3 online quizzes (walked into the exam on about 90% overall). On top of that, it specifically said on the considerations forms that my doctor said I was in no condition to do the test. I'm ever so pissed.

Barry Quinn on the other hand is a dead set legend.

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
So escalate it? Unfortunately the people who'd make that decision (probably) don't read BoS to hear your plight.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
Bad luck with 253 mate, but I wouldn't just leave it now. Definitely contact who ever is in charge for special consideration in the accg department and ask them wtf is going on.

maka

HSC
Maybe, they are aware what has happened and scaled you accordingly.

You sat half the exam, so they probably could accurately predict your mark.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
The first thing you should do is contact the department and find out what has happened and you'll need to be quick about it. It sounds like you had a good reason but it is really up to you to act, and fast.

X

xeuyrawp

Skittled said:
So escalate it? Unfortunately the people who'd make that decision (probably) don't read BoS to hear your plight.
Yeah exactly...

To be honest, I'm a bit dubious that you were coughing up blood and thrown out of the exam, yet not given another go? :-/

Unless they argue that it was self-induced, why would they not let you re-sit it?

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Thanks for the support guys :)

Yeah, I seriously can't believe it. I rang Toomas earlier and he wasn't there, so I e-mailed him a few hours ago and haven't gotten a response yet. The thing is they can't say it's self induced, coz I have X-rays which show I'm ill and I have handed them up to the uni too (well, the diagnosis at least).

EFS are assholes. One of my mates was legitimately really ill for acst200 (didn't show up) and they didn't give him a supplementary, so he gets an automatic fail.

X

xeuyrawp

Boxxxhead said:
EFS are assholes. One of my mates was legitimately really ill for acst200 (didn't show up) and they didn't give him a supplementary, so he gets an automatic fail.
They have to be, though. Not sure about supplementary exam applications, but every semester, they get over 800 appeals to grades.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
PwarYuex said:
They have to be, though. Not sure about supplementary exam applications, but every semester, they get over 800 appeals to grades.
Dang.

Yeah there were a lot this time, which makes sense. Only 2 were given to acst200 though, both were denied.

X

xeuyrawp

Boxxxhead said:
Only 2 were given to acst200 though, both were denied.
I imagine that most appeals against grades will come once the grades actually come out.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Lol I meant there were a lot of Supplementary Exam applications, but only 2 of them were from acst200. Heaps for some other subs though.

Luke!

Sexual Revolutionist
HSC
Boxxxhead, based on what I've read here, I think you should definitely be appealing against this decision, buddy.

Considering your plight, I don't know how they could justify NOT giving you a supplementary exam.

Best of luck.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
Perhaps they have mark your exam and knew that you have pass and they are thinking you may get a worst off mark in the supplementary exam (considering how you been sick lately) but thats just a random though that pop into my head..

goodluck for the other exam!

X

xeuyrawp

sukiyaki said:
Perhaps they have mark your exam and knew that you have pass and they are thinking you may get a worst off mark in the supplementary exam (considering how you been sick lately) but thats just a random though that pop into my head..

goodluck for the other exam!
I think you're grasping at straws, and either they don't like the sound of his story, or he hasn't got any documentation for any of it.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I think you're grasping at straws, and either they don't like the sound of his story, or he hasn't got any documentation for any of it.
If it's either of those 2, it's the first one, coz I have a fair bit of documentation, which includes X-ray results and I don't see how a university can directly refute that.

I still haven't gotten a response from anybody after multiple attempts, hopefully I get one tomorrow since it's a weekday. If I don't, I'll go directly to their offices before/after my Tuesday exam coz knowing the accounting department, they won't ever respond.

Thanks for support people. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Explosive Diarrhea people, never fails.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
Still no response from the head lecturer :( I'll try and find him at uni tomorrow.

Monstar

HSC
Man, i sincerly hope you get that supplementary... that is seriously so dodgey if they forced you to leave the exam..

You should try and find out who your supervisor from the exam was and ask him to back you up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)