Supplementary texts for a Doll's House (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvli

Is any one else doing a Doll's House, North and South or Pride and Prejudice? If you are, do you have any good 19th century supplementary texts? I can't find any thing....help!

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
im using Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, its pretty good. The main thing i talk about the individuality of the monster and how society affects and reacts towards it.

ebsha

HSC
Yep, im doin dolls house, p&p, and browning.

im gonna use Jane Eyre as my related material, cos we studied it in prelim, so ive got heaps on that.

Basically, Jane struggles to conform to her society, as does Rochester. Rochester and Jane are of different classes, Rochester gives up a life of luxury with some chick of his class to be with Jane. But he's still married to his lunatic wife Bertha, so Jane runs away. Jane is offered a position as a pastors wife or sumthin in africa with her cousin, mr rivers, which she turns down because she doesnt love him. She then returns to Rochester, who has become crippled in a housefire that killed Bertha. Jane and Rochester get married.

Fun ^^

Opium

:: Unbound ::
HSC
^isn't Jane Eyre on the HSC syllabus under another topic within ext 1? Meaning you can't use it for related material. I might be wrong, it either is or was on the syllabus

becmyster

HSC
I'm doing Jane Eyre too. I don't think its on the syllabus- it used to be a few years back but it was replaced by "Wuthering Heights"

L

LaraB

The Church (poem)
Tess of d'ubervilles
Anna Karenina
The Idiot
The Brotehrs Kamenev(not sure bout the name if that's right?)
Any essays by John Stuart Mill
The Turn of the Screw
Anything by ELizabeth Barrett Browning
The Mayor of Casterbridge
The Portrait of a lady
Middlemarch
The Last Chronicle of Barset
Persuasion - is a J.Austen one tho so don't use it if you're doing P&P coz its too similar
Vanity Fair
Bleak House
Rob Roy
Great Expectations
Wives and Daughters
The Count of Monte Cristo
Little Women
Les Miserables
The life and adventures of Nicholas Nickleby
David Copperfield

there's thousands!!:) just do a google search or something if you really have no clue or go onto the 'recommended' lists on the web or ask your teachers - all schools get em

keep in mind - most are real heavy reads but have often been made into plays or movies - will reduce the workload heaps.

Or do a poem - i did the poem The Church by Thomas Hardy i think it was - is only 12 lines:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)