Supplementary Texts - Physical (1 Viewer)

Jazzy gal

HSC
a lil help... please

Thanks so much for the lists of text, i was completely lost. Does anyone have any idea where i should start with analysis of Rabbit Proof Fence?? thanx guys

Aeolior

HSC
Hey there tabularasa,
i hjave to chose some RM to the quote its the journey not the arrival that mtters. any hints and it has to be a speech. I was thinking lost in translation and an article called enter the badlands.
Haha, looks like we're from the same school. Cos thats our Part B Speaking Task.
Well, I'll let you on some hints, go to sydney morning herald site, and search travel, look at the different feature articles. The travel section is really good in expressing the idea thta "the journey, not the arrival matters"

Anywayz, thats what our english teacher did as a sample..

muffetl
Ok this is the question we get asked for nearly every text we review...
As for that question, I've also been asked that alot. And believe me, if you do alot of practice on answering these, you'll get really good at it. The best way to answer this question is to follow this approach:

1. Firstly, what type of text is this journey represented in?

2. Who goes on the journey?

3. When does the journey begin? and how does it end. If the composer does not provide an end to the journey like skrzynecki but gives u a beginning there must be a reason to it. (i.e. in crossing the red sea, the "equator waiting to be crossed" effectively conveys that there are still hardships to endure before one reaches his/her destination)

4. Why is the journey undertaken?

5. How is this physical journey conducted? (Keep also in mind, how long this journey is, because the longer it is, the more that can happen. I.e. Crossing the red sea is a really reflective type of poem. A voyage across the sea symbolises a form of cleansing to the refugess onboard the ship)

6. The Result of the journey?

7. How/Why the journey begins, and how does it end. If the composer does not provide an end to the journey like skrzynecki but gives u a beginning there must be a reason to it. (i.e. in crossing the red sea, the "equator waiting to be crossed" effectively conveys that there are still hardships to endure before one reaches his/her destination)

8. Through this physical journey, one also enters an inner journey. I remember a quote once "we headed for the same physical destination but arrived at a different mental destination."

These are kind of the basic..really basic structures, because unless I know specificly what text you are doing, the physical journey gets really broad.

Cheers,

Aeolior

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
pro339wiz said:
heard the first assesment task was asking for songs on journeys..
im doing physical journey, here are some songs i got ^^

evermore -its too late
savage garden - two beds and a coffee machine
phantom planet – californa
kelly clarkson- break away
ten characters

dragons_girl

HSC
does anyone know what leunig cartoons would be good to use for the area of study

delz

HSC
Thanks Beens

Thanks so much "Beens" I was doing the Hobbit as one of my Supplementry texts and was finding it really hard to analyse thank you for the great info
really helpful. If u have any other info on any other texts related to physical journeys anyone could u please send it too me I have a huge folio assignmnet due and I really need analysed related texts to physical journeys the Skrzynecki poems and the stimulus booklet. it would help so much
VERY URGENT

THANKS

DELZ

minnsy8700

need notes

im really desperate for some notes on rabbit proof fence, wind in the willows and the road not taken. any info would be appreciated. thanx so much

somedude

HSC
N/A
last samurai

anyone think that 'the last samurai' is a good physical journey movie to use??

somedude

HSC
N/A
last samurai cont'd

and if 'the last samurai' is good, then wat peter skrzynecki and BOS texts are good to use with it?

wetten

???

Hey,
I am doing Castaway as my related material. Which of Skrzynecki's poems would be best to be linked to it.

soul_guardian

HSC
somedude said:
anyone think that 'the last samurai' is a good physical journey movie to use??
i think that'll be better for inner journeys - but hey, thats just me. If u can talk about it from a physical perspective, all well and good

*HonEy*

HSC
heyyy
som1 hellp me plz need 2 FINd poem on physical jouneys but cnt b on the pescribed hSc Thanx ~~HoNEy~~

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
Do you think titanic is a good movie to do as my supplementary text if so which book and song should i chose to go with it

~> KAReN.

HSC
~bumchum~ said:
hey guyz..im juz wonderin..for physical journeyz..if ur lyk..doin the immigrant chronicle for tha main text......does that mean ur related material has to be related to the IMMIGRANT CHRONICLE??????
NO ! ~ ur related material shouldn't even mention Peter S or immigrant chronicle ...

Moonlite

HSC
I'm doing the book 'Heart of Darkness' and the movie 'Shrek'.

Exactly how many supplimentaries do you need? 2 or 3?

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
This is posted by aolior, i thought i'd just quote it :)
Aeolior said:
Sure, I've recently researched like a whole list, (but its on paper). So, I'll give u some of my related poems/bookcovers/articles..

Poems:

> The man from snowy mountain by A.B. Banjo Paterson
> Sea Fever by John Marefield
> The nightmail by W.H. Auden
> Africa my beginning by Ingoapele Madingoane
> The wreck of the Hesperius by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Articles:
> A bad day in space by Jeffrey Kluger (time, november 3, 1997)
> Survival of the fittest by Rebecca Winters (time, may 12, 2003)
> River of daydreams (Archivetravels Australia) - SMH
> In the land of miraclces - SMH
> Off the rails - SMH
> Long journey from desert to Sunshine (the age)

Documentary:

Gold journey (SBS) --> click here

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
Moonlite said:
Exactly how many supplimentaries do you need? 2 or 3?
It is best that you have 3 done and ready, but in exam conditions, they will ask you to refer to two at maximum. Three is best because one might fit a certain question and another might not. I got paranoid and did three because i was scared one of my texts would end up to be the given stimulus texts :p

Aeolior

HSC
Wooow

*follows kimmeh and does 3 supplementary texts =P

Hmm good idea actually... should our 3 texts be in different form? like Article, movie..etc? probably should...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)