Supposed enrolment system problems... (1 Viewer)

iRX

HSC
For more than 3 weeks now I've been unable to enrol in one of the spring session units (300096 Computer Organisation) for the 3506.4 Bachelor of Computer Science course. Having all other units enrolled successfully, attempting to 'proceed to checkout' with this unit included, I receive the following error messages (remaining unchanged since 3 weeks ago):

You are unable to enrol in 300096 because you have not met the unit rule requirement(s) as listed below. Please check the enrolment restrictions in the web Handbook, or for further assistance, see your Course Advisor.
To enrol in this unit you must have passed 1 units from {300018, 300125} . You require a further 1 units from {300018, 300125}.
UNIT QUOTA RULE BREACHES FOUND FOR UNIT 300096
The limit of enrolled students in this unit has been reached, i.e. the unit quota is full.

Thing is, neither 300018 nor 300125 appear in the standard course structure. And how could its unit quota have been breached? My enrolment attempt was made early enough and successfully for all other autumn/spring units. The course advisor says it's a problem with the enrolment system but I've grown wary now the census date is approaching... anyone else having this problem?

To another issue, I was recently notified that one of my tutorial/practical sessions has been moved to another time slot, and now this conflicts with another lecture that can't be moved. All time slots for the tutorial/practical in question are currently FULL. As such I won't be able to attend this session at least for this week until someone can sort me out. Is it a big problem to miss a tutorial/practical?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
iRX said:
For more than 3 weeks now I've been unable to enrol in one of the spring session units (300096 Computer Organisation) for the 3506.4 Bachelor of Computer Science course. Having all other units enrolled successfully, attempting to 'proceed to checkout' with this unit included, I receive the following error messages (remaining unchanged since 3 weeks ago):

You are unable to enrol in 300096 because you have not met the unit rule requirement(s) as listed below. Please check the enrolment restrictions in the web Handbook, or for further assistance, see your Course Advisor.
To enrol in this unit you must have passed 1 units from {300018, 300125} . You require a further 1 units from {300018, 300125}.
UNIT QUOTA RULE BREACHES FOUND FOR UNIT 300096
The limit of enrolled students in this unit has been reached, i.e. the unit quota is full.

Thing is, neither 300018 nor 300125 appear in the standard course structure. And how could its unit quota have been breached? My enrolment attempt was made early enough and successfully for all other autumn/spring units. The course advisor says it's a problem with the enrolment system but I've grown wary now the census date is approaching... anyone else having this problem?

To another issue, I was recently notified that one of my tutorial/practical sessions has been moved to another time slot, and now this conflicts with another lecture that can't be moved. All time slots for the tutorial/practical in question are currently FULL. As such I won't be able to attend this session at least for this week until someone can sort me out. Is it a big problem to miss a tutorial/practical?
You need to contact your course advisor to get a rule waiver request to do the subject. Also it seems you have not done the prerequisite subjects so i doubt they'll let you. By email would be the best way to contact your course advisor, then take the email which they have granted , yes tutes and pracs are compulsory to attend!!! If they clash you must contact on the the schools and tell them of you situation, so they can move you into a full tute/prac. Also BTW Spring units have a different census date.
http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/student/forms/OAR00207_0506_Rule_Waiver_Request_WEB.pdf
Unit quota shows the enrollment in this unit is almost full or full.

iRX

HSC
Wooz said:
You need to contact your course advisor to get a rule waiver request to do the subject. Also it seems you have not done the prerequisite subjects so i doubt they'll let you. By email would be the best way to contact your course advisor, then take the email which they have granted , yes tutes and pracs are compulsory to attend!!! If they clash you must contact on the the schools and tell them of you situation, so they can move you into a full tute/prac. Also BTW Spring units have a different census date.
http://pubsites.uws.edu.au/student/forms/OAR00207_0506_Rule_Waiver_Request_WEB.pdf
Unit quota shows the enrollment in this unit is almost full or full.

Ermm how can I be expected to have done the prerequisites for 300096.2 Computer Organisation when the prerequisites are not a part of 3506.4 Bachelor of Computer Science? -->
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=3506

Also, the unit quota has been shown as full since my first attempts at enrolling in all of the course units. The other 7 units I enrolled in without problem.

As for the tutorial/practical clash, I've emailed that unit's coordinator. Since the new time comes BEFORE the first lecture on the same weekday, I suspect that the tutorial/practical begins in the 2nd week. Hopefully that gives me time to sort this out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)