Surfers for Schoolies 2007? (1 Viewer)

walkorulz

HSC
aallyb said:
Surfers international, wheres your place? Like how far from the beach etc.
Hey me and my mate r stayin at surfers international too, can't wait, so pumped for it!

champagnetaste

HSC
Police are hardly the biggest issue at schoolies- There are heaps of them but they are just there to make sure you don't get hurt. I live in surfers so i have been exposed to schoolies every year. I am a 2007 schoolie. Security are the biggest people you need to worry about. As long as you don't intend on fighting or drinking in public you will be ok. Another thing- watch out when crossing roads. Drink driving happens alot during schoolies, and when someone speeds around orchid ave in their stupid fuckbox celicas and hits someone- it's not good at all.

Also- don't bother with fake ID's. QLD liquor licensing now has portable machines into which businesses can enter lisence numbers and retrieve real names and birthdates. They are cracking down on fake ID's this year, and have already started sending people into clubs with fake ID's as a way of figuring out what the bouncers need to be more careful about- i.e bad holograms, someone elses picture etc.

As far as roadblocks go, as soon as you cross the QLD border it's not an issue-we don't do roadblocks in the sunshine state. If you are, however stopped with alcohol in the car only one passenger needs to be 18, and they can say it's all theirs no problems. If you have open bottles in the car though, say goodbye to your lisence and about $580. Also, most people just get drunk in their apartments- clubs are for toolies during week 1.

Lastly... do whatever you want just don't get caught. Most people are OK with anything during schoolies as long as you aren't making a big deal out of it. Police know that underage drinking happens at schoolies- they just want to prevent you from entering lisenced premises and drinking in public. DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT joke about rape or drugs though, especially with the police, strangers, hotel staff, red frogs, anyone- if the police have the slightest inkling that there are drugs (or weapons to a lesser extent) in your room, you will spend the rest of your night watching them and their dogs search your shit. If someone jokes about rape- you will spend the rest of your night in the police station. Both of these may also lead to your eviction- if hotel staff find out.

All in all, have fun at schoolies- i know i will. I won't be 18, but i will be off my face for the entire schoolies...just use some common sense!

xx

dxb

HSC
champagnetaste said:
Police are hardly the biggest issue at schoolies- There are heaps of them but they are just there to make sure you don't get hurt. I live in surfers so i have been exposed to schoolies every year. I am a 2007 schoolie. Security are the biggest people you need to worry about. As long as you don't intend on fighting or drinking in public you will be ok. Another thing- watch out when crossing roads. Drink driving happens alot during schoolies, and when someone speeds around orchid ave in their stupid fuckbox celicas and hits someone- it's not good at all.

Also- don't bother with fake ID's. QLD liquor licensing now has portable machines into which businesses can enter lisence numbers and retrieve real names and birthdates. They are cracking down on fake ID's this year, and have already started sending people into clubs with fake ID's as a way of figuring out what the bouncers need to be more careful about- i.e bad holograms, someone elses picture etc.

As far as roadblocks go, as soon as you cross the QLD border it's not an issue-we don't do roadblocks in the sunshine state. If you are, however stopped with alcohol in the car only one passenger needs to be 18, and they can say it's all theirs no problems. If you have open bottles in the car though, say goodbye to your lisence and about $580. Also, most people just get drunk in their apartments- clubs are for toolies during week 1.

Lastly... do whatever you want just don't get caught. Most people are OK with anything during schoolies as long as you aren't making a big deal out of it. Police know that underage drinking happens at schoolies- they just want to prevent you from entering lisenced premises and drinking in public. DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT joke about rape or drugs though, especially with the police, strangers, hotel staff, red frogs, anyone- if the police have the slightest inkling that there are drugs (or weapons to a lesser extent) in your room, you will spend the rest of your night watching them and their dogs search your shit. If someone jokes about rape- you will spend the rest of your night in the police station. Both of these may also lead to your eviction- if hotel staff find out.

All in all, have fun at schoolies- i know i will. I won't be 18, but i will be off my face for the entire schoolies...just use some common sense!

xx

Im pumpd for skoolies going week 2, but im very nevous for one of my mates. The thing is im 18 and so the rest of the people im going with however this one mate is not 18 and wont be till jan next year. He recons he will be fine with his brothers ID wich says he's 19 or 20 i think, and he seriously does look 20 cus he works out and all that (he's huge lol, way biger than me and im already 18) but his bro's ID doesnt look like him much. He gets into clubs down in geelong fine, like he will get in and another mate doesnt get in.

So what you recon? Should i be worryed, just cus he is like my best mate n i dont want him missing out while im clubin n dat. What are my options lol.

champagnetaste

HSC
Maybe get him to go to vic transport with his brothers birth certificate, medicare card, bank card, tax file number etc. (I don't know what you need in vic...) and say he lost his lisence/it got stolen. Then he will get his brother's id with his picture. Other than that- i wouldn't even try if they don't look really similar- they're quite strict with that. If you absolutely have to use his brothers id with his brothers picture, make sure he has a few second id's and can do his autograph.

Week 1 is better if your under 18

x

Last edited:

rocafella32

HSC
Yep i totally agree with champagnetaste...Im from syd, but im now doin uni on the Gold Coast...to be honest, from all my experiances at surfers, i would rather just spend the night at my apartment with mates and roomies and just get smashed, rather than go out to surfers. The problem with surfers, esp during schoolies, is the large amount of total dickheads arnd + toolies.
I had my schoolies at Port Maq on the coast and it was awesome. It was 7 days of total hangovers, mixed with meeting some real cool ppl and best of all hanging out with my best mates, which is what you wanna do. You got the rest of your lifes to do the clubbing scene, which is actually pretty good on surfers (except the fact that some clubs charge way too much for entry fee's...p.s if you are into clubs/bars you gotta hit beergarden and the bedroom )
But srsly now that ive experianced like two schoolies at two different places, i would def choose the one where you sit back and just relax with mates with a couple of drinks. so keep that in mind if you guys are still trying to plan out the finer details of schoolies.

HSC
i agree, the clubs in surfers are seedy as shit. pretty much all of them play exactly the same bad commercial dance music (tv rock, sneaky sound system, tv rock, did i mention that tv rock song?) and are full of slutty orange morons and old guys grabbing your ass.

honestly, don't even try the fake id thing, and don't take drinks out of your hotel room. at least 20 people i know have been slapped with public drinking fines in surfers, and this isn't even during schoolies when there's cops everywhere.

and, most importantly, stay the fuck away from melbas. it seems inviting when everyone talks about it and there's no cover charge, but it's pretty much the most disgusting overcrowded place ever, it's about ten billion degrees in there and it's always full of old dudes and gross foreign tourists looking to score a root. ew ew ew.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
ash7614 said:
to be honest its very much overrated in surfers..
best bet is to rent a house somewhere on the east coast of aus and get about 10 of your mates to put in.. or just get a hotel in the city in sydney if you live here.. the clubs in surfers arent so great..
then again if you're with mates anywhere will be good but surfers isn't all its cracked upto be and will be worse with restrictions coming in..

but schoolies is what you make it so by all means enjoy :)

um the clubs are good in surfers:

the drink
malbas
the bedroom
and that one that starts with 'm' thats between the drink and the bedroom.
shooters is ok too.

rocafella32

HSC
Dude you cant forget Cocktails and dreams...melbas is shithouse, The Drink is expensive...but the Bedroom is decent...and app. Hollywoods good...
But my favourite (although everyone hates it) is the Bourbon Bar...its just a low key slummy club with hip hop and rap and tons of samoans and other assorted fobbs dancing rnd...my kinda place lol :)

If you are 18 and in surfers, go to conrad jupiters at broadbeach...its nothing compared to star city, but its fun if your in the mood...and the coolest thing about QLD is that if you got a drivers license, you get served free soft drinks all night...

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
i didnt like bourbon bar at all. the bedroom was good but the dancefloor is way too small and everytime i went there it really smelt for some reason. like really bad.

rasorman2

HSC
Surfers week three yeeeewwwwww. Im staying at surfers internation, 50 metres from beach, and 50 from town centre, how good is that!

Crossye

HSC
yehhh week 2 also, know 30+ ppl going from canberra and sydney, should be fair crazy

wazza200

HSC
Schoolies on Goldy is definitly going to be the bomb!
Me and 11 friends are stayin in some cheapo dangy joint im not sure the name of, but who goes there to sit in a hotel room? One week of Sun, surf, girls, mates, alchol, and hopefully a bit of action.

Bullet4Valetine

HSC
Yeow...

Week 2 Schoolies. At A Hotel Named Somthing "Boarders" (I Think...)
Definatly Gonna Have A Ball.

So Drinking In Public Is Prohibited? "Urrgghhh!"
I, Myself Will Be A Youngin', Like Said Before:
"What Can A Under 18 Do?"
Me And A Couple Of Mates Are Under 18, But Some Mates Got A Few I.D Plans.
Similar To Those Of dxb's Friend.
But Dont Particularly Wanna Get Fined For Fraud... Hahah.

Does Anyone Have Any Other Ideas?
Other 'Tricks' Or Places To Head?

Bullet4Valetine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)