Survey for uni (1 Viewer)

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
So, yes, if this is in the wrong spot sorry, feel free to move it!

IN 2007 THE NSW GOVERNMENT INTRODUCED LEGISLATION THAT RESTRICTS FIRST YEAR PROVISIONAL (P1) DRIVERS, UNDER THE AGE OF 25 FROM TRANSPORTING MORE THAN ONE PASSENGER UNDER THE AGE OF 21 BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11PM AND 5AM.

THIS SURVEY IS BEING CONDUCTED BY THE POLITICAL TEAM OF THE PHASE TWO BLACK OPAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG, WITH THE PURPOSE OF GAUGING THE OPINIONS OF YOUNG DRIVERS REGARDING THESE LAWS.

LICENCE LEVEL:

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING:

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS?

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES?

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS?

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW?

HOW OFTEN?

WHY?

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW?

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES?

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC

p2

1.5 years

-

privilege?

no

10 - At any rate its not like its a result of the law, and the only p plate fatalities occur between 11pm and 5am

no

never I guess

yeah, legalise weed

This law?

every thursday

help friends get home?

too many

which laws, what fatalities.

-----------------------------

Back to the drawing board for your gay team, most of this questionnaire is subject to personal interpretation or just open ended. You're not gonna get consistent answers. To you they may be, but people answering are gonna see different questions to what you've written.

Oh yeah, you'd probably get more serious responses in the Car subforum.

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC

Full, unrestricted

5 years.

'88 Subaru Sportswagon (love the sub!)

A privilege- and our roads would be so much better if people realised this.

I do not agree with the restriction, I believe it actually increases the risk of accidents by putting more cars on the road with potentially unsafe drivers (ie, removing the ability for someone to be the designated driver when people are drinking).

I'm not sure of the numbers, but I'd be incredibly cautious in attributing any change in statistics with a rule change that has been in place for such a short period of time. Other factors include better and more rigorous testing, and increased media awareness (educational factors).

Since I'm an unrestricted driver and all of my friends are past their red P's, I'm not affected by this change.

I'd like to change a few laws.

No I have not, it does not affect me. (N/A, other relevant questions).

I think the restriction laws are one of many factors which need a longer evaluation period to be more informative about P-plater fatalities.

--------

I tend to agree with Azamakumar, it's not the best-written of surveys. Highly subjective.

Oh, also, numbering your questions would help, a lot.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE?

lolwut? loaded much?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
No Mike, never?!!!

Man, if I wrote a survey like this for my methods subject I'd get failed :I

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Haha, yeah finding any conclusions will be hell.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
Remove caps, re-write the survery and then i will fill it out. Also which subject/faculty is this for?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Davo1111 said:
Remove caps, re-write the survery and then i will fill it out. Also which subject/faculty is this for?
It's for Black Opal, a leadership group extra curricular thingo.

If it was actually for a subject, I'd hope it would be better written.

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
IN 2007 THE NSW GOVERNMENT INTRODUCED LEGISLATION THAT RESTRICTS FIRST YEAR PROVISIONAL (P1) DRIVERS, UNDER THE AGE OF 25 FROM TRANSPORTING MORE THAN ONE PASSENGER UNDER THE AGE OF 21 BETWEEN THE HOURS OF 11PM AND 5AM.

THIS SURVEY IS BEING CONDUCTED BY THE POLITICAL TEAM OF THE PHASE TWO BLACK OPAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF WOLLONGONG, WITH THE PURPOSE OF GAUGING THE OPINIONS OF YOUNG DRIVERS REGARDING THESE LAWS.

LICENCE LEVEL: P1

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: 8 months

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Peugeot 206 gti

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? Privilege

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION? No.

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE? 7.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS? Same question?

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES? Every weekend

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS? Yes

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? No

HOW OFTEN? Never

WHY? Lose licence or whatever the penalty is.

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? yes

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES? no

Also do these laws encompass the car restriction laws? ie i cant drive a 50kw diahatsu charage 3cylinder cos its got a turbo, but i can drive a 140kw lotus elise cos its got a camry engine?

Fucking stupid law. Rural areas, big distances, no public transport. You either have leave a party at 10:30 or have one car for every 2 p platers, instead of one for 5, doubling the amount of p platers on the road after 11.

Eclipse008

HSC
N/A

LICENCE LEVEL: Learners. lol

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: 2 years.

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Toyota Camry CSI

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? Well until cityrail works efficiently, it's a necessity.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION No

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE? I dunno

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS? No

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES? Never. We just take the P's off.

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS? Yes.

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? All the time (Sorry, I personally haven't, but I've been in the car as a passenger)

HOW OFTEN? Say every second weekend

WHY? Because there are no trains. No way of getting home. And we probably won't be caught. (Haven't been so far)

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? Yes.

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES? Pffff. No.

Ticthach

HSC

LICENCE LEVEL: P1.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: A year and a half.

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Toyota Tarago. (lol)

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? Privilege.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION? Not really, it's way too restrictive.

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE? Not as many as people would think. About... 15 a year?

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS? Only a little. Should be a little more lenient than what it is now.

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES? Hasn't restricted me as of yet.

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS? Maybe.

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? No.

HOW OFTEN? None.

WHY? N/A.

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? No.

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES? Not really.

Darnie

mad cunt
HSC

LICENCE LEVEL: P1

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: well i learnt when i was 12. but legally since 16. 18 months

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Ford falcon 96 EL futura

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? a bit of both.

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION: Not in all cases.

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE? 3

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS? on some grounds.

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES? ah. once a month

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS? oh i suppose

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? Yeah

HOW OFTEN?5 - 10

WHY? get drunks home from parties haha

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? yeah

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES? Yeah. i suppose.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

LICENCE LEVEL: blacks

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: about 4 years

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? Hyundai excel

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? privilege

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION no

RTA STATISTICS STATE THERE HAS BEEN A 21% DECREASE IN P-PLATE FATALITIES IN THE 12 MONTHS AFTER THE INTRODUCTION OF THE LAWS, INLCUDING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION'. HOW MANY LIVES WOULD YOU ESTIMATE THIS TO BE? correlation does not mean causation, road fatalities fluctuate every year, especially in a smaller population which can spike at different times. The decrease would be about 10 lives, such a tiny sample size can hardly be the statistical basis for any valid conclusion

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTIONS? not really

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES? it doesnt, neither me nor any of my friends are P1

WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN CHANGING THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAWS? yes

HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? no, i think i was either p2 or had just gone full when it came in

HOW OFTEN? n/a

WHY? n/a

DO YOU KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS BROKEN THE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LAW? yes, my mate, i was in the car with him at the time and the law had came into effect that weekend, he didnt think and was driving a few of us home, he had allready dropped off a mate who lived close to the clubs, there was me and another girl in the car who was keen to drive her car home by my good samaritan friend said he can give her a lift.... $400 fine or something for being a nice guy yay. he got his greens the next week.

DO YOU THINK THE 'PEER RESTICTION' LAWS ARE EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTING FATALITIES? not at all, if anything they increase total fatalities, just by shifting them to different areas. How many people are now going to take off their P's to drive their friends home? how many people wont be able to get lifts now and have to walk home and become a victim of violence[ street violence especially on friday and saturday nights around drinking areas has dramatically increased in the last 12 months, hows that for a correlation] how many people wont be able to get a lift but there car is still there cause they drove in, so they will think fuck it and drive home drunk?
What about putting friends in the boot to make them less visible to police, i know a few people who do that now, and if that car gets rear ended that guy in the boot is going to be dead.

Our generation have been the only one so far to enthusiastically adopt the designated driver concept, leading to ours having the lowest drink driving rates. Having only 1 passenger basically spits right in the face of the designated driver and the generation which has adopted this idea.

The fucked up thing is that basically this law was brought in under the justification that passengers distract drivers leading to crashes. Well passengers distract full licensed drivers as well, not to mention plenty of others things how been shown to be far more distracting yet are still legal, such as consuming food, listening to loud music or being tired. Are they now going to make it illegal to drive unless you can prove you had a good 8 hours sleep beforehand and havent been driving for longer than 2 hours straight?

staticsiscool

Banned
HSC
Also it is darwinism at its best. Any one doing dumb shit with passengers in the car doesn't have much of a hope in life and them dying in an accident is good for society in the long run.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC

LICENCE LEVEL: L

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING: 2.5 years

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE? 6 cylinder manual

DO YOU BELIEVE YOUR LICENCE TO BE A PRIVILEGE OR A RIGHT? Privelege

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION I think it's shit for a lot of people + will cause consumption of more petrol cause of more people need ing to drive, but at the same time I'm happy to take one for the team if it's helping to stop the minority of P-platers from killing themselves and others during joyrides.

I have no idea

Lolwut? I thought you were meant to be guaging opinions, not forcing opinions. ^^^

HOW OFTEN DOES THE P-PLATE 'PEER RESTRICTION' LEGISLATION RESTRICT YOUR DRIVING PRACTICES?
Nevah. But it will when I get my Ps

Not really. I think they already have allowances that can be made eg. you're the only one that can pick up your 14 yo sister and friend at midnight and you don't really want her busing it home.

No

HOW OFTEN?

WHY?

Yes.

No idea. You'd think the real dumb shits are still going to break that rule, if they're breaking all the other rules.

F2001

HSC
dion7789 said:

LICENCE LEVEL:
P2

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING:
3.5 yrs Public Roads

WHAT KIND OF CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
Audi A4

Right

DO YOU AGREE WITH THE P-PLATE PEER RESTRICTION?
No

Nothing to say, question the credibility.

Fuck no

often

Yes

Yes

HOW OFTEN?
Alot

WHY?
What other choice is there?

Yes

In some way yes. A drunk passanger can be a hazard. I've heard stories where a drunk passanger has put his hands on the driver's eyes, pulled the handbrake, shifted the car into an inappropriate gear.
Survey about another P plate rule? wink

Here we go:
Statics "Also do these laws encompass the car restriction laws? ie i cant drive a 50kw diahatsu charage 3cylinder cos its got a turbo, but i can drive a 140kw lotus elise cos its got a camry engine?"

Do a survey on that one.

Last edited:

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
DownInFlames said:
Survey ^^^ is poorly designed.
It is poorly designed. It was a project for a leadership program, but not a project where we get marked on, its a community project - we quickly made this survey up just to get some opinions of young drivers. It asks what we need to know, so what if its not written the best?

nick3157

Not Actually A Member
HSC
p2
1 year
4 cyl subaru
privilege
no
no
not any more but used to all the time on red p's
yes
yes
only a few times
cos we couldnt be bothered waiting and paying for a taxi
yes
no. we dont have public transport in tamworth after 6pm (yay we're so cool!) and we have a lot of parties out of town where taxis wont service. i think if people crash with a car load of mates while they're being stupid then that's too bad. this only came about cos of about two or three of these crashes in a row a couple of years back. stupid people do stupid things, whether you legislate it or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)