swap notes (1 Viewer)

Fry

does anyone have notes on the'demise of a small town'? im not sure, but i think u have to refer to a specific example in the essay (score extra marks) and i cant find any info. i have notes on a 'the changing role of regional centres' including a mini case study of Dubbo that i will swap if someone has info on a case study of the demise of a small town. e.g. Berry

yeah, i've got that Dubbo one too. You can use it for the 'demise of the small town' because the little towns in its vicinity are decreasing in population. You can just talk about the attraction of the bigger town eg. greater facilities and how the small town no longer can provide these, eg. banks are relocating etc.

Hope that helps.

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
You won't be asked to go into great detail about the dimise of a particular small town rather the factors which contribute to it. It is more profitable to mention the major points rather than blabbing on and wasting time! It isn't necessary to mention details of numerous small towns, ONE or two will do!
The actual syllabus dot point is the changing role of regional centres and the dimise of a small town.

It would be good to practice the following essay question if you haven't already:
Analyse the relationships of dominance and dependence between world cities and other urban areas. In your answer, examine the changing role of regional centres and the demise of a small town.

Hope that helps to an extent.

Fry

are u sure u dont need to go into detail?? heres how i would do it:

1) sub-heading: demise of a small town

introductory sentence

1 paragraph: factual content

example of small town

1 paragraph: talk about the example

concluding sentence

do i need to talk about the town and include statistics?
if i did something like that for the whole essay it would be waaay too long i know, but i would really like to get into a band 5/6. what should i include to get into that band? theres a girl in my class who got 19/20 for that essay question and i seriously dont know how she did it, im like 'tell me whats your secret'!!! i work my butt off and thought my essay was really good...but still, the teacher thought it wasnt good enough.... :(

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Honestly your teachers will tell you to write as much as you can, thats sort of true it just depends how well you can write essays perhaps thats not your strength. 3 people in my class got band 5/6 for all our essays, we all had different styles. I tend not to keep writing and writing because your essay will often become contradictory, my demise of a small town essay was only 4 pages, hardly outstanding but it got the marks.
If you include maps (sketched) of your location, it always impresses...remember a scale...longitude and latitude.
Your opening paragraph should mention all your key points, don't worry if it's a bit long- if you run out of time at the end the marker can see what you would have said anyway.

hope that helps a bit

ps- Definitely mention stats of the town... population numbers...increasing or decreasing ect.

NEVER FORGET TO MENTION GLOBALISTION IN THIS TOPIC OR YOU'LL GET NO WHERE!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)