Sweet mother of God! (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

a) They're making level 1 of the library studying space = more space for people who actually need to be in the library.

b) They're changing borrowing rules = 4 weeks and 20 books for undergrads, + 2 renewals (=12 weeks)

c) You're now allowed to bring coffee in!

Changes to MQ Library's Food,Drink & Noise Policy

This message was sent by Meredith Martinelli, Manager, Library Development, Macquarie University Library and authorised by Judyth Sachs, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Provost)

Macquarie University will now be a more comfortable place to do your learning and research with changes to the Food, Drink, Noise Policy being implemented for 2nd Semester 2007. The changes are a result of feedback, from you, that told us we needed to provide a mix of spaces for you to study and research in.

So what does that mean for you......?

A Place to Learn and Research
Levels 1 & 2 are the place for you to do group or individual work and use your mobile phone for quiet calls and texting. Level 1 is currently being refurbished as a student space with desks for laptops, lounge areas and individual study places.
The PC Lab originally located on Level 1 has now been moved to Building C5C along with student IT help.

Levels 3 & 4 of the library are ‘Quiet Spaces’, designated areas where noise is kept to a minimum to encourage individual study. Here you can you can work on your own or as a group in one of the designated group study rooms. Phone texting (on silent) is fine, however you will need to move to Level 1 or 2 to make those phone calls!

Changes to Food & Drink in the Library

Cold foods in covered containers or wrappers are OK, however, please eat your hot foods outside the library.........you need to take a break anyway!

You can also have hot and cold drinks anywhere in the Library as long as they are in a bottle or covered container.

To read all about it download the Food, Drink and Noise Policy Document at
www.library.mq.edu.au/policies.

To give us feedback on the changes go to http://www.lib.mq.edu.au/contact/feedback.html
This message was sent by: Kerry Wren, Coordinator Communications, Macquarie University Library < content@library.mq.edu.au > and is authorised by: Judyth Sachs, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Provost)

Improved borrowing privileges at Macquarie University Library

Great news! Academic staff and research students can now borrow more items and undergraduate students can borrow items for longer under new improvements to loan conditions introduced at the Library.

From Semester 2, the Library is trialling the changes to loan conditions including increasing loan periods, renewals and item limits to improve your access to the Library collections.

The changes include the following;Academic staff can now borrow up to 50 items for 16 weeks, an increase from the previous 20-item limit
Postgraduate research and PhD students can now borrow up to 50 items for 8 weeks, also an increase from the previous 20-item limit
Undergraduate students (including external metropolitan and external country) and Macquarie Open Universities Australia students can now borrow up to 20 items for 4 weeks, twice the number of items and weeks, than the previous 10-item limit and 2-week loan period. They are also permitted two renewals during the loan period, an increase from one renewal under previous borrowing privileges.

Kathryn Pearson, Manager, Resource Access at Macquarie University Library, said the improvements were being trialled in response to client feedback received through the Library Client Satisfaction Survey.

“We want to ensure that the borrowing privileges we offer meet the needs of our clients and we want to provide services that are as flexible as possible while encouraging full use of our physical collection,” she said.

“We also want to ensure that our privileges are in keeping with those offered by other universities.”

All loans will continue to be subject to recall.

For full details, please visit www.library.mq.edu.au/borrowing/loanperiods.html

K.

HSC
juLnHi said:
were we not allowed to bring coffee in b4? lol i always bring coffee in :)

yay now i dont feel so bad eating my sandwich right now in the library ... im so hungry

lol same, i've always taken in coffee.

are the c5c labs opened yet?

AND HAS EVERYONE SEEN THE EVERYWHERE INTERNET PC'S IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FOODCOURT. Thats so silly. Who'd put them there? and why put them there when you can access the net for free everywhere else on campus. The sad thing is, i've seen people use them, mainly just to use myspace/facebook.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I think I missed the part where they ban coffee?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i havent seen the internet pcs yet! i don't think i have been down there for a while
i'm happy about almost all of the library things, good news all up

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
Hmm... I remember that back when i was in first year taking the library tour, we were told that we could bring coffee into the library, as long as they had a lid on top - so they were never banned! :p

Other than that, i'm glad to hear about the new library borrowing rules! :D

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
4 weeks borrowing: thats cool, as long as it isnt me thats waiting for the book to be returned :p

Kegs

HSC
4 weeks sucks. I dont see them getting it more books, so it just means more freaking waiting.

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
I think I missed the part where they ban coffee?
I don't think I've ever walked in there with coffee, without being yelled at by either the people at reserve or at the info desk... :s Maybe I'm just more conspicuous.

Kegs said:
4 weeks sucks. I dont see them getting it more books, so it just means more freaking waiting.
I think holds are still the same - ie you have 1 week once a hold's been placed on your book.

iwannarock

HSC
are the interent pcs in c5c yet?

i live off those.

i was pissed off on monday when i walked down to the level 1 library at 8:30am only to find it completely empty.

so instead i youtubed and myspaced on the level 4 comps for like 3 hours much to the disgust of people waiting.

:santa:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Really? I walked around with coffee in hand and drinking it and munching away at my sandwich quite vividly

X

xeuyrawp

AsyLum said:
Really? I walked around with coffee in hand and drinking it and munching away at my sandwich quite vividly
That's really, really annoying... I've walked in there at least 4 times, and been told that I'll have to chuck my coffee or drink it outside. :(

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I don't think I've ever walked in there with coffee, without being yelled at by either the people at reserve or at the info desk... :s Maybe I'm just more conspicuous.

I think holds are still the same - ie you have 1 week once a hold's been placed on your book.
yes that's right, so use the holds function and it will work fine

nikmueller

HSC
people write weird stuff on the study tables.

like "i will be famous one day, *illegible signature*"

and "FOCUS (and written below) this sign is distracting"

iwannarock

HSC
nikmueller said:
people write weird stuff on the study tables.

like "i will be famous one day, *illegible signature*"

and "FOCUS (and written below) this sign is distracting"
i always respond to those ones.

like today one said "i fucked up this fucking semester"

i responded with "me too!"

n8r

HSC
4 weeks is way to long for the limited amount of books oh well we'll see ho w it goes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)