Sydney Kings. (1 Viewer)

T

timbk2

interesting how they just won their 3rd championship in a row and theres barely a whisper about it. NBL is dying by the day. Pay-tv has killed it.

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
Yeah the paper ran a story on crowd attendance to the Kings games for the past 5 years..........

Crowd numbers have gone down even though they've been winning premierships.

They had more people attending games 5 years ago then now.........

mangomousse

HSC
timbk2 said:
Pay-tv has killed it.
I didn't even realise it was showing on pay-TV.
lol
If they brought it back to free to air I'd probably watch whenever I got the chance.
As for the Kings, yes I think the lack of coverage has led to total lack of interest - otherwise I'd probably find it annoying they won a 3rd straight...like the Lions

T

timbk2

lets hope it doesnt cause the same fate to the a-league. with no free-to-air coverage at all

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
It's only dying in capital cities (mainly Sydney and Melbourne). It's still going strong in regional centres like Townsville, Cairns, Newcastle and Wollongong. But the league as a whole is getting stronger off the court as well as on the court

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
I think the NBA has set a precedence for what crowds expect to see in an nba game. NBL games, from what ive seen when going to watch the kings lack that extra bit of x factor in it. sure, the imports have done well, but they come and go except for a select few. Now, the nbl has never been like the NBA, but i do think that kids especially dont goto nbl games because it just isnt exciting anymore.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
Damn the Sydney Kings, when I had season tickets for 3 years they did nothi8ng. Now that I don't have tickets they start winning. Thena gain tickets are only like $12 so I guess I could go, except NBL frustrates me.

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
copious said:
I think the NBA has set a precedence for what crowds expect to see in an nba game.
The problem is that everyone thinks the NBA is an awesome dunkfest whereas in reality it is the boringest brand of basketball to watch

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
the problem with the kings over the last 3 years is the fact that the players have come and gone so quickly. they need to have some core players, so that people actually know who plays for them, like the average person could not name one player for sydney. i think there was only one player who actually played in all 3 championship teams and that was sheridan.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
NBL never seemed to do well in my eyes, not as entertaining and seemin all too one sided

HSC
basketball isnt that big in aust, we focus more on the sports we can win at. rugby swimming cricket. but i hate the fact its not promoted. i think if they started making it as important in the news and on free-to-air tv then more crowds would be attracted to the games

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
meh i really dnt give a shit bout bball that much cause i havnt been as exposed to it, but wat bout soccer, we aint fantastic there but we get better coverage for it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)