Sydney Uni - America: Rebels, Heroes and Renegades (1 Viewer)

MollieH

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! :)
I'm in Year 10, picking my Year 11 subjects. My school offers two usyd courses for year 11 only that are worth 1 unit each. One is called Mind and Morality, the other is called America: Rebels, Heroes and Renegades. I'm really interested in the second one, but literally no one at my school ever does it. If anyone went to the summer school at Sydney Uni and did it, or knows someone who did, or heard from someone who heard from someone who did it, or has any info whatsoever, I'd be thrilled! Thanks guys ;)
PS. If it rings a bell but you don't quite remember what it is, here's the link about it: http://sydney.edu.au/future-student...courses/america-rebels-heroes-renegades.shtml
Thanks again! :D

cadd1ct

The Chess Addict
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey,

I happen to have attended the Mind and Morality course in year 11 during the school holidays (winter) because I wanted to see what studying philosophy was like but also you get a taste of what uni learning is about - i.e attending lectures and tutorials. Mind and morality is a bit different though as there were discussions during lectures (usually its just a lecturer talking) because it is about philosophy. I think its a worthwhile experience because you get to explore the uni thoroughly (that was really fun) and also I thought the course was very interesting and different to what we were studying in school. Although I decided that philosophy wasn't for me (writing 2000 word essays just wasn't what I wanted to do) it was still extremely enlightening to get a brief introduction to philosophy.

I'm not sure about America: Rebels, Heroes and Renegades but I would assume it'll be very interesting to study :) If you need a few extra units why not? Plus you get to make some good friends too

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)