Sydney Uni Live! (1 Viewer)

bv

HSC
syd uni was awesome, checked out the engineering displays and shiz.. was a horror parking tho lol..
my mother tagged along and was a total embarressment, she had no idea wat was going on, and she tried to prove she could read maps, but instead we gave ourselveres a tour of the parks and lake before i got sick of it and grabbed the map off her..

didnt manage to get to uts unfortunately.. anything good for engineering/general ?
was sorta convinced that syd/nsw are the better options for engineering..
so ill be going to nsw

Kujah

HSC
N/A
did you guys go to MacLaurin Hall?

zzzz12345

HSC
Was I the only one who stayed for about 8 hours? I went to the Business Breakfast, went to about 5 lectures and then talked to around five different faculties about degrees, prospects, scholarships etc. Ended up leaving at around 4pm while getting there at 8:30ish. It was a good day overall but I suppose I didn't learn much more than I already knew.

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
Anyone planning on doing Commerce at Sydney? Or Comm (Lib. Studies)?

and also got discouraged from second year transfer to bpsych if i don't make it in first year. was annoying.
Ahh, my hopes for a second year law transfer were dashed a while ago too...'twas a bitch.

Anything special in there I missed..?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Face-to-face talks with professors, tutors and current students from all the Faculties. And free torchlights and lawlies.

KnifeySpoony

HSC
I was just talking to my friend about the free torchlights, i didn't know of these :(

lychnobity

HSC
I did, saw you at the law section I think.

Was I the only one who stayed for about 8 hours? I went to the Business Breakfast, went to about 5 lectures and then talked to around five different faculties about degrees, prospects, scholarships etc. Ended up leaving at around 4pm while getting there at 8:30ish. It was a good day overall but I suppose I didn't learn much more than I already knew.
... I think so.

USyd was alright for me, the talks with the people were good, I expected them to be somewhat more boring but were helpful and knew what they were doing.

In terms of the logistics (I was with a group of 12 people) it was terrible.

And... I don't think I'm going to Usyd. Damned cut offs are too high!

I managed to get to UTS too, think I'm going to do a B Maths and Finance/B International Studies there.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I loved it. Went into the Law building, it had amazing views. Even got to shake the hand of the Dean. :p:p

Too bad I have vertigo.....from the top floor, you could see all the way down to the bottom, wtf...

ratcher0071

HSC
I thought it was really good. Im thankful that I found out info about the courses from the lectures. :)

jasonlouie

HSC
i thought it was it was so good ... went to a few lectures and saw Dr Karl....
i had no idea that the UNI Quad was so big !!!....
the weather wasen' t too promising in the morning ... but turned out okay at the middle of the day ... i got so much free stuff .... ended up with around 10 bags and 5 caps

also asked alot about various degress and meet some lectures.

the CON ... was great . i was on the last bus to the place and the last bus back ... had the entire bus to myself and my brother who taged along

Also went to UTS and got some free stuff and went to Notre Dame... that place is so good .... we got a few free drink bottles

great day !!!:sun:

HSC
free ice-cream (chocolate and strawberry) in the engineering faculty:rofl:
i had 2 lol
LOL yeah i went over there cause i heard there was free ice cream 'being made'.
i went over there and i saw that people had to make it themselves and i was like fuck that. im not making my own food =/ LOL
the kettle thing looked pretty cool though

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Psh, UNSW will dominate youse all :jedi:
+4
Can't wait for next week :D

usyd looked heaps pretty, except the engo precinct, which looked old and crappy :(
but omfg @ the law building, went for a tour, only because my friend was heaps interested, inside is absolutely amazing!

oh also the view from the front of the uni is STUNNING, couldnt stop looking at the city skyline lol

we also got almost kicked out of the bus, we were THAT loud, the busdriver kept looking at us with an evil stare :D

HSC
+4
Can't wait for next week :D

usyd looked heaps pretty, except the engo precinct, which looked old and crappy :(
but omfg @ the law building, went for a tour, only because my friend was heaps interested, inside is absolutely amazing!

oh also the view from the front of the uni is STUNNING, couldnt stop looking at the city skyline lol

we also got almost kicked out of the bus, we were THAT loud, the busdriver kept looking at us with an evil stare :D
haha XD

johony

HSC
I loved it. Went into the Law building, it had amazing views. Even got to shake the hand of the Dean. :p:p

Too bad I have vertigo.....from the top floor, you could see all the way down to the bottom, wtf...
new law buliding is amazing. tried to get up to the 4th level by myself, but the elevator didn't let me because i didn't have a card :(

i didn't end up attending any of the sessions as i planned because as i felt they were going to regurgitate stuff from the brochures. kinda regret it now, because i wanted to find out if it was possible to transfer second year into media/comms from arts or similar. i was there for an hour before i was bored - mainly due to the lack of free shit.

youngminii

Banned
HSC
new law buliding is amazing. tried to get up to the 4th level by myself, but the elevator didn't let me because i didn't have a card :(

i didn't end up attending any of the sessions as i planned because as i felt they were going to regurgitate stuff from the brochures. kinda regret it now, because i wanted to find out if it was possible to transfer second year into media/comms from arts or similar. i was there for an hour before i was bored - mainly due to the lack of free shit.
I thought you could transfer from anything to anything..

I'm guessing that UTS was pretty fail compared to USYD then?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)