Syllabus Notes - Format (2 Viewers)

jdcb4

HSC
Everyone says don't worry about scaling etc just pick what you like. I love my subjects, but i could do better in Sciences. Liking my subjects is good, but in terms of UAI I should have done the subjects that I'm better at. Should do fairly well anyway I guess.
Physics I found piss easy but am not doin it, silly
Chem same, silly
Ah well

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
jdcb4 said:
Physics I found piss easy but am not doin it, silly
Wow, are you a genius or something? :)

Physics isn't that hard but it isn't "piss easy" to me.

jdcb4

HSC
Hehe, thx!
Might just be the topics we did, the ones I came in for were almost entirely formulae based and i'm pretty good at maths (Actually had to corect the teacher on ocassion, that wasn't me being good but rather him being shit at maths)
Trying to think of the topics, I think it was Space, or at lest something along those lines talking about gravity and distances between satrs, luminosity and stuff
And something about motion, Moving About I think. just basic formulae really.
And the exam you just needed to memorise the formulae as well as a bit of content. I have pretty good memory for stuff i've read so I basicaly just read the relevant chapters the night before.
Also I'm not at a selective school or anything so judge myself against other people who may not be as smart as your competitors, sorry not sure what school you go to.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I like to handwrite notes because it sort of feels and looks more friendly.

Computer font is too generic and cold for me to study off, lol.

Sofstar

HSC
I'm typing notes at the moment but i do plan to hand write them out sometime...And i use textbooks and study guides when writing notes. Typing up i find works best in the morning when no-one is on msn.

The dot points are in italics and each module is in a different word.doc. Meanings of words are in bold. I put in diagrams as well.

2opinion8d

kittyfr33k
HSC
shinji said:
eh,
notE: writing notes for maths is useless =p
only write down the formulaes that u probably won't remember/won't remember how to use after a while ;)
omg so true! I'm not a maths person so i decided a couple of times that i'd enthusiastically write maths notes .However, each time I'd start, I would get so hopelessy bored (sorry maths lovers :) ) that I wouldn't finish them and just waste my time on them when i could of have been doing valuable practice.

solution: I bought bright colourful A4 papers from the newsagents... (oooh stationary!) and wrote formulas for the all the HSC topics. I stuck them on the wall near my desk and happily read them once in a while.:) it works for me ... try it if u want.

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
eh,

writing > typing.

typing may be faster, but in teh longterm, u'll be too distracted by other stuff on teh comp such as msn and stuff.
If you get distracted by that, i'm sure you'll find something else to distract you even if you hand write. The advantage with typing is that you can always add stuff in throughout the year. I suppose you could do that by hand as well, but it looks ugly.

jaaaaay

HSC
i don't see the need to type/write syllabus notes... just do practice questions and past papers...

in my opinion, practice is much more effective than copying out of a textbook...

yosemite sam

HSC
jaaaaay said:
i don't see the need to type/write syllabus notes... just do practice questions and past papers...

in my opinion, practice is much more effective than copying out of a textbook...
but if you have all the information under the headings from the syllabus, then youre guaranteed to know the answers come exam time.

i handwrite my notes cos they sink in more and just use dot points and arrows, not a lot of colour and stuff and it seems to work for me...and i amalgamate (big word for the day) all my notes from class and textbooks and study guides and everything together. and then when i get more then i redo them, cos thats just extra study for them to sink in with. repetition works best for me :)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
jaaaaay said:

looking at your subjects, that method is probably most effective.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
subjectiv said:
If you get distracted by that, i'm sure you'll find something else to distract you even if you hand write. The advantage with typing is that you can always add stuff in throughout the year. I suppose you could do that by hand as well, but it looks ugly.
nah, i sit away from my comp in back room facing the window when i was writing my notes.

when i got tired, i'd just look out the window, ponder for a while, and then start writing again. :p

yeah, i agree with the messy part.
but for me, i couldn't be ass'd to go back and edit it in the computer format newho. =p

plus, could also use a new A4 leaf paper or postit notes ;)

just throwing ideas here! =D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
subjectiv said:
looking at your subjects, that method is probably most effective.
except for phys,,
u'd need notes for quick referencing in physics.

and people do write notes for maths. lol,,
what i eventually did was write list of formulaes and how to use them. lol
don't know where that went.

Sofstar

HSC
In maths class we have a notes book and workbook. All new theory goes into notes book = no need to write notes come exam time. I like my maths teacher. :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Sofstar said:
In maths class we have a notes book and workbook. All new theory goes into notes book = no need to write notes come exam time. I like my maths teacher. :)
thats a good idea.
i was agonna do that but only thought of it half way through the year so no real point in doing so,,,

good idea nontheless, recommends other o7'ers to do it as wel =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)