• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Syllabus or Text book? (1 Viewer)

xlr8-crillz

HSC
Did People make notes on the syllabus or text book??? cause sometimes the text book includes all this extra info that's not in the syllabus.

+ for ppl who have already done the SC or trials, is it better to make notes on the syllabus or text book?

finishline

HSC
i did the sc last year, I made my notes from the textbook, you simply use the subheadings as key points.
Your notes will take a while to write but in the end if you take your and choose your information carefully it will b very helpful.
As you said the text book has alot of extra info thats not on the syllabus but play it on the safe side, know the extra info, itll help when it comes to the extended responses and some of the multiple choice ( sometimes if you can remember the extra info you can easily remember everything else).
And remember the point of the syllabus is the most basic guidline to what your studying and your suppose to eleborate on the point so if you use the syllabus only you can risk having very concise notes.
Bottom line is use the textbook
hope the advise was helpful, good luck!

mandathepanda

HSC
I haven't done the school certificate but my history teacher reccomended that for the school certificate and yearly exam, we follow the syllabus guideline in the front of our textbook.
I Studied more than what they said in this,because as said previously ,the extra stuff in the text book does help (and it did for my yearly history). So although the syllabus is a good guideline,it is good to have studied the extra information.

simonkey

HSC
my school is too poor to trust students with science textbooks to take home

finishline

HSC
hey, this is probably a very stupid question i dono how to start a thread, could you plz tell me

michaeln36

HSC
click the "new thread" button back where the list is of all the topics.. its is to the top left of the list.. go HERE (http://community.boredofstudies.org/129/year-10-school-certificate/) to post a new thread in the year 10 school certificate section - or go to the section of ur choice.

About using textbook or syllabus -- for sc i used textbook and did well -- but now that i'm in hsc and i KNOW about syllabuses I would highly recomend using one - at least as practice for the hsc - since the SC doesnt matter at all. (i got an average mark of 96 and would happily throw the whole thing out the window - never gonna use it or look at it again).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)