Syllabus points - tectonic impacts (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
What have you written in your notes for the following syllabus points???

* Justify continued research into reliable prediction of volcanic activity and earthquakes.

* Describe and explain the impacts of shock waves (earthquakes) on natural and built environments with reference to specific examples.

Nickl_pickl

for the continued research, i think it's something like;
at present we can only predict volcanoes and earthquakes hours ahead, which is barely sufficent. Prediction methods are needed that give days of warning. If methods like these were available then the PNG Tsunami wouldn't of been as devastating as evacuation would of been possible and there would of been time to give remote towns warning.
for the impact of shock waves; i think they're just talking about collapse of structures, tsunamis, ground movement which can snap water and gas pipes which can cause fire, roads and railways breaking, erosion, rupture of dams, rock falls, bridges and buildings collapsing, liquification of loose sediments which most structures are built on in earthquake prone regions etc...

Dixie_chick

hey can you guys help me...i know fuck all on science...and i need a bit of help..can you give me any notes on anything

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)