Syllabus Question (1 Viewer)

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
i'm using my jacaranda textbook and it seems to have a section on error correction for communication systems but it isn't in the syllabus, can someone clarify whether we have to study it. Theres a section for error checking but im not sure if its part of it.

thanks

bentrengrove

all you need to know for IPT is that the best error correctioh technique is just to resend it. There used to be another method in the syllabus but it was removed.

They always use that question.
What is the best error correction technique?
a) Parity
b) Checksum
c) Retransmission
d) CRC

and of course it is c as that is the only error correction technique

Kabeio

k.
HSC
yeh should know it, its in the syllabus for communication, under communication concepts, "error detection, error correction"

steelite

HSC
It could be in one of those 2 mark questions in Q21-24 asking what so and so say parity bit is etc.

exquisite

blah
HSC
bentrengrove said:
all you need to know for IPT is that the best error correctioh technique is just to resend it. There used to be another method in the syllabus but it was removed.

They always use that question.
What is the best error correction technique?
a) Parity
b) Checksum
c) Retransmission
d) CRC

and of course it is c as that is the only error correction technique
Parity, Check Sum & CRC are all error DETECTION methods. Retransmission, Symbol Substitution and Error Correction Code are error CORRECTION methods (from jacaranda textbook). You shouldn't confuse the two, however i think you might as well learn the correction methods just in case. They arn't that hard to remember anyway..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)