Syllabus (1 Viewer)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
I think they want change just for change's sake

Danio

Home, although i would like to be somewhere elsez.
Wow wow pplz settle down...:D Yea i agree, you should follow the sullabus in order to knowz what's in your HSC and stuffs, and it gives you a good guideline to what you should be studying as wellz...The Syllabus can KISS YOUR ASS after you finished the hsc kz? But in the mean time, keep your ass in line with the syllabus..:cool: Btw, no offense there, just saying...:D

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
dont bother..just let him go through the hsc without the syllabus

Matth3w

Demon-Eyes-Kyo
HSC
Heh, the syllabus has been available to the teachers for ages. I usually refer to it as the 'bible' :cool:

alphatango

Resident Geek
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
uhh unless ur being sarcastic ( which i dont think u are!) then ur an idiot. a syllabus will save ur ass in the HSC and u can ask everyone around here who has already done their HSC or maybe are in the middle of doing and they will say the syllabus is practically a bible in the HSC year
Well, from someone who *has* done it...most HSC syllabi are useless and not particularly well written -- particularly the English ones! <Insert rant about *content* of science and other syllabi here>

Looking at whether the syllabus is going to save you or not, the answer is no. :( What the syllabus *will* do (often obscurely, but it will do it) is tell you what to study. If it isn't in the syllabus, it's not examinable. Having said that, the syllabus is *not* a bible. Sure, you have to learn the content and be able to regurgitate it in your exams, but the ppl who do best in exams tend to be the ones who understand the concepts. A lot of the time, that means going beyond the content specified in the syllabus.

An example from physics: As far as the syllabus is concerned, as long as you know the formula for escape velocity, you're done. Realistically, it helps a *lot* if you know how to actually derive the formula (and it's not that hard).

Study the syllabus. Remember that it tells you everything that can possibly be examined, and remember that it doesn't tell you everything you *should* study in a subject, or the best way to approach a topic.

AT.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
maybe i worded it wrong..i follow the syllabus quite religiously in terms of covering the typoical generic content and everybody is required to know but im not naive enough to believe that that is all i have to do. i know the english ones are useless...i dont even bother with them. but going beyond what is outlined to find more info, different views in terms of history, economic news articles and documentaries and such is something that i do. you said that they are "useless esp the eng ones". well no, for my subjects they are in fact very useful as im the sort of student who likes to be ahead by a few lessons in order to be able to have time to revise and consolidate knowledge, so the syllabus is VERY useful in terms of telling me what i need to know and what track im meant to be on...it is not useless at all . i tend to exxagerate what im saying i admit but though the syllabus might not "save" you, there is no denying that it is useful

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)