T.S. Eliot help! (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi, we're doing Mod B at school right now, and our school is doing T.S. Eliot, the poems I picked are Preludes and Journey of the Magi. My separate themes are instability of self + purposeless existence and uncertainty of spiritual epiphany for individuals in a conformist society, respectively, but I don't know what to do for my combined paragraph. I swear I've searched every corner of my brain and I can't think of a good enough thesis which combines the two poems, so any opinions would be appreciated!

HSC
wait ur only doing 2 poems?
ps preludes is the worst out of all ofo them
Yeah our school encourages us to do two poems not three but also our teacher has said there won’t be a mandated poem in our trial so we don’t have to prepare for the whole suite of poetry
What would you say are the best then?

nsw..wollongong

HSC
i think its pretty subjective on the best and worst poems, some ppl hate magi but others find it easier to understand compared to prufrock for eg. as long as ur able to effectively link it to context and eliot's purpose, u should be fine

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
well the other 4 are all good imo
usually for externals u would want three poems
most people would pick one of the first three as the first poem to talk aboout (prelude/rhapsody/prufrock) and then do hollow men and magi

dav53521

HSC
I mean if i'm not mistaken instability of self comes from how people feel like they cannot be themselves due to the pressures of a conformist society which has lead people to live purposeless lives as stuff like religion helps people find themselves but it is prevented due to the desire to fit into the conformist society which has forsaken religion due to industrialization

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Hi, we're doing Mod B at school right now, and our school is doing T.S. Eliot, the poems I picked are Preludes and Journey of the Magi. My separate themes are instability of self + purposeless existence and uncertainty of spiritual epiphany for individuals in a conformist society, respectively, but I don't know what to do for my combined paragraph. I swear I've searched every corner of my brain and I can't think of a good enough thesis which combines the two poems, so any opinions would be appreciated!
central between the two poems is the search for spiritual self, because in preludes you can argue the concern: lack of spiritual essence. and in journey you can argue the resolution to said concern (since journey came out much later than preludes and directly after eliot's spiritual conversion): spiritual salvation.
to sum, have one of your paragraphs combining the two by saying that preludes is the concern (and therefore a warning to audiences), journey is the resolution (therefore the 'treatment' to the 'disease' of modernity)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)