Tafe into Uni? (1 Viewer)

mattyharvs

HSC
So basically I am currently in year 12 and about to undertake the HSC. I am almost certain I will not get the required ATAR of 72 for a bachelor of Surveying Engineering in Newcastle. So I am currently thinking of taking the Tafe into Uni path, however I'm not entirely sure how it works.
My knowledge is:
I am going to do a Cert 3 in surveying and spatial information services and then transfer into Uni.
Now does this work and what marks do I need in the TAFE course to get accepted into Uni?

Thankyou heaps in advance! :)

Mathew

mattyharvs

HSC
I have pretty low ranks at a low rank school man. Whats wrong with TAFE for a year?

astroman

HSC
I have pretty low ranks at a low rank school man. Whats wrong with TAFE for a year?
Dude just study as much as you can now. Think about this after HSC. Also, there are alternatives to uni, you have flexible entry scheme, bonus marks, disadvantaged scholarships, lots of ways to get into uni.

Kat92

HSC
So basically I am currently in year 12 and about to undertake the HSC. I am almost certain I will not get the required ATAR of 72 for a bachelor of Surveying Engineering in Newcastle. So I am currently thinking of taking the Tafe into Uni path, however I'm not entirely sure how it works.
My knowledge is:
I am going to do a Cert 3 in surveying and spatial information services and then transfer into Uni.
Now does this work and what marks do I need in the TAFE course to get accepted into Uni?

Thankyou heaps in advance! :)

Mathew
I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news but to get accepted into Newcastle uni you will need at least a certIV or higher.

kast

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I did the Tertiary Preparation course at TAFE for 1 year, which is the year 11/12 equivalent. Got a high atar at the end and got into uni. :) Go to your local TAFE and ask about your options (or contact the head of whatever department at Newcastle uni), because I'm not sure if that cert 3 in surveying would be enough to get you in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)