Tafe to Uni question (1 Viewer)

velvet-skies

Hi.. i know i can't make it to uni via the UAI this year..so i plan to enrol in tafe next year and after a year transfer to uni... i want to enrol in an IT course.. mainly to do with Games Programming.. but i searched the tafe website for courses that are similar.. but couldnt find any?... so i m asking if anyone out ther can help me

What i want to do: go to tafe do an IT(software development) course and then transfer to uni after a year.... but not sure which course to do etc..

theone123

blue essence
HSC
i think only MQ and UWS accept TAFE qualifications for academic credit.

others allow you to get in but not get the academic credit.

leathaface

I'm not too sure about UWS...

But UtS definitely does accept, and also Macquarie like you said.

All you have to do is either complete the certificate IV or Diploma of your course (with a credit average, but preferably either with a few Distinctions, or a distinction average), and you rock up to the desired uni and ask for something known as a transcript or something like that? I went to enqiure today about this and I was told that if you don't want degree express, just do the afremention process of rocking up to the uni.

UTS is harder to get in, and from one of my TAFE teachers, Macquarie is easy to get in. I don't mind that uni.

adrianp

Hey..
ive got a question for ya.. im in a similar boat to the person who made this thread as im trying to get into a Computer Science or Information Technology Degree however im applying for tafe in case i dun get my UAI.

However which course should i go for at TAFE to help me transfer to Uni, into one of these degrees, and which is the best campus to do IT at TAFE as ive heard some are really bad and others are good.. thanks in advance!

leathaface

Go to your office and ask about Degree Express, but usually it lands you to unis such as New England and western....

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
lol, im in same position as u adrianp ... had no idea which wud be better to do, so i didnt put ne it ones ... if i dont get uai needed, ill prolli do comp systems tech .. which is an enrolment course, no need to apply :D

adrianp

lol i applied for Information Technology Diploma (network admin) at tafe at randwick i guess thats related to Bach of IT or comp science.. well i hope so :)

is that a uni course u applied for?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
basically all i wanna do at uni is comp science, so i applied for that at unsw, syd and put down some other related kinda courses like science in IT @ uts ...

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
rofl ... neither am i man ... i missed 8 weeks of school and did no work all yr, the most effort ive put in is my night/morning b4 exam cram sessions... :uhhuh:

luckyduck

for marketing dipmola it only has degree express for newengland and western sydney or something liek that

does that mean the degree express for those uni are the only one that you can make it into?

and u cant apply or u cant make into any other unis?

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
yeah u can apply, but u have to do it through UAC. so it basically depends on the demand for the course, aswell as ur mark at tafe, and im pretty sure they take ur uai into account aswell...

intune

luckyduck said:
for marketing dipmola it only has degree express for newengland and western sydney or something liek that

does that mean the degree express for those uni are the only one that you can make it into?

You serious ? man that sucks

leathaface

luckyduck said:

You cannot apply for universities outside of the ones listed when it comes to Degree Express, you can apply for UAC though, but in the form you should say that you are a non-year 12 applicant... they have alternative ways of deciding your UAI... aim for credit and distinction is all I can give if you wish to do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)