TAFE > UNI, but got rejected (1 Viewer)

golden86

HSC
Hi there, don't be embarassed
I just want to know if anyone has got rejected in their application to UNI coming from a TAFE graduate.

I don't want to embarass anyone or offend anyone, i just want to know what are my chances of enrolling at uni next year, i'll graduate from a tafe diploma this year.

InFeRn0

HSC
I assume it would depend on ur marks at tafe, say, if you got mostly distinctions u'd hav a better chance of getting accepted than if u got passes or credits

hope i have helped u a bit

oh yeah hi mike and firdaus
P.S david eats balls

Last edited:

sumguy

HSC
uws will accept all students who has finished their cert 4 or higher or even part finished..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
sumguy said:
uws will accept all students who has finished their cert 4 or higher or even part finished..
It should be noted that you still need a decent mark and that various courses at UWS have different standards of performance - basic completion of Cert IV won't neccesarily grant you entry to all of their courses.

parts

HSC
I'm due to complete my diploma end of this year as well.

Hope i get into UTS and if not then anywhere else will do i guess. Fingers crossed!

chao2410

HSC
Hi there, thanks for the replies

Well currently I'm studying Website development, and averaging distinctions. I've applied for the combined degree course at UTS B Computing, B Business.

But not sure what my chances are..

HSC
What do u think are the chances of getting into B business @ UTS?, i mean as an 06er what would the most fastest option be ' repeat' some of ur courses at TAFE to increase your chance of higher UAI or go and do a dipolma? How long are these dipolmas?

alby

cool duckie
HSC
most diplomas take 2 years full time. if you're certain that wont get into uni because of a really poor uai, then i'd apply for a diploma course (or even a cert). if you do a TAFE course between school and uni, they generally wont look at your uai when you apply to do the bach

iPud

HSC
Depending on what course you're applying for, you normally have a good chance of getting into university mid-year with at least a credit average.

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
do some tafe modules in a diploma recieve higher standing in the overall grade-average b/c it took longer to complete than other modules? if that makes sense. :|

iPud said:
Depending on what course you're applying for, you normally have a good chance of getting into university mid-year with at least a credit average.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
baka said:
do some tafe modules in a diploma recieve higher standing in the overall grade-average b/c it took longer to complete than other modules? if that makes sense. :|
a D in a 'bigger' module contributes more to your GPA than a D in a 'smaller' one, if thats what you're asking.

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
kami said:
a D in a 'bigger' module contributes more to your GPA than a D in a 'smaller' one, if thats what you're asking.
yes that was the answer i was looking for. thanks kami!

zstar

HSC
N/A
My marks weren't that good but i still go into MQ.

Last edited:
HSC
well as for me im doing software develipment diploma course which will be taking for almost 2 years.. u think i can make it short with this course and finish it in 1 year and do 2nd year from UNI

any ideas

?

krayzie_

HSC
GaNgStAz 4 LiF3 said:
well as for me im doing software develipment diploma course which will be taking for almost 2 years.. u think i can make it short with this course and finish it in 1 year and do 2nd year from UNI

any ideas

?
What do you mean?

I assume you mean will you get credit when you enter uni? As in complete the diploma and then enter second year for your uni degree?

It depends on the uni and the course I think. for eg, I heard that UWS will give you credit as well as entering 2nd year for certain courses, but when I enquired with UTS they said that if I finished my diploma, I would get credit for those mods BUT I would still need to do the full 3years of the degree.!

Hope this helps.

melodic_gal

HSC
Hi it depends on what level of certificate you have done at TAFE. From what I know most universities accept certificate IV, diploma and Advance diploma it also depends on what you got as in marks.

most universities such as uws, uts, wollongong, newcastle etc do accept TAFE graduates. also if say you have done a diploma at TAFE and you apply to do a degree course as your diploma you could be granted a exception in years or subject/units.

7th Sign

HSC
NSW uni also accepts tafe kids I know 2 who got in of CERT 4's

mserica

HSC
MY Uai was crap... but I got a Credit Average in Dip of Business (HR) and then got accepted to MQ. There are at least 8 other people at MQ who were in the same situation with me, some with a Distinction level and others with a Pass Level... so its worth the try - in most cases i dont see why they would reject you unless you took like 5 years to get the dipolma!

Beege

HSC
Just a quick question. How long would an IT (networking) diploma course go for? In petersham its 6 months, 12 months in ultimo and its 2 years every where else. Why is this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)