Taiwan/China/US (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
so who here is intersted in Tawiwan? i personally think its relali intersting.

i just found out the reason why China wants to bomb Taiwan if Tawiwan wants to go independent. This is because geographicall Chinas east coastline is trapped by Japan and Taiwan. Jap is v much US orientated, hence if there is a war, the japs will def go with the states, and so wotz left is Taiwan.

Right now Taiwan and the US are closely knit. all of Tawiwans military eqipment is from the states and all of heir pilots go to the states for training etc, hence the bilateral agreement of the tawiwanese buyign US eqipment and the US protecting Tawiwan if there is a war means that if china let tawiwan go independent, the tawiwanese and the US will form a stronger bond.

hence from this pt of view the Tawiwanese and the Jao will all belong to the States, hence china is a bit screwed if there is a war. So i guess china wants to bomb taiwan because it doesnt want taiwan to belong to the states.

worest case scenario would be jap + tawiwan+ US vs china + north korea.. though thatz hihgly unlikeli...

ani thoughts?

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
you gotta think about this though.

if there was a war.. there would be massive casualties on both sides coz China has nukes.

Doens't matter if china is caged in or not. if the order is given.. then the surrounding islands could more or less become mashed potatoes.

L

lucky

yes.. being chinese myself... and my dad being taiwanese.. the taiwanese seriously and i mean seriosuly hate the mainland fobz.. dun really know whys though..mainly because the mainland fobz wont let the tainwan people go independent.. as bliss said..

but it is also the fact that the chinese governement is jealous of tainwan's democratic society.. thats my opinion neways...

but i really like wat u said bliss.. how the taiwanese government is dependent on the US governemtn while the mainland fobs aren't..

nice piece of research.. :D

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by Panda Bear

if there was a war.. there would be massive casualties on both sides coz China has nukes.

Doens't matter if china is caged in or not. if the order is given.. then the surrounding islands could more or less become mashed potatoes.
yeah pplz reckon its gonna be like almost like russia v US bk in the cold war..... with the opposition thretening a higher dose of nuclear weapon etc.. though i dotn think its highly lighly ie: nuclear war, but the fact that both countries are capable does pose some degree of probability and possibility

Originally posted by lucky
yes.. being chinese myself... and my dad being taiwanese.. the taiwanese seriously and i mean seriosuly hate the mainland fobz.. dun really know whys though..mainly because the mainland fobz wont let the tainwan people go independent.. as bliss said..

but it is also the fact that the chinese governement is jealous of tainwan's democratic society.. thats my opinion neways...

but i really like wat u said bliss.. how the taiwanese government is dependent on the US governemtn while the mainland fobs aren't..

nice piece of research.. :D

well the chinese really hate the tawiwanese and vice versa due to the government. before when it was guo ming dang (not sure abt hte ping ying), the tension wasnt as acute, because guo ming dang was originally from china, they went to taiwan cuz they lost the civil war, but tehcnically they are more chinese friendly than the current govenrment in power which is min jin dang. ming jin dang absoluteli hate the chinese ... though they arrnt that great themselves ... havign to totally rig the electoin and all..

and thankz... i am intersted in the matter cuz i am a chinese.... not that i am taking sides... but i find it intersting from an objecive military and diplomatic view... :p

Last edited:

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
china will kick USAs ass
shit USA couldnt even beat the viets
and they couldnt even win da korean war
man taiwan is just like a south korea
thats the border where communist meets non-communist

peace^^

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
taiwan should attack china and reclaim at least the southern part of china..
and call it Southern China
lol
just like back in the Song Dynasty
there was Northern Song and Southern Song
and thats the way it should be

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A

Dont mess with japs! they probably got a stash of mechwarriors and mechas and assorted other battleships under tokyo!! Look they raised a standing army out of nowhere!!

*looks suspiciously at the japanese*

santaslayer

HSC
China will win any war.....:D

Ask someone who is half taiwanese, half Chinese.....they don't really care about the whole situation, none of the parties want them. :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by AsyLum
Dont mess with japs! they probably got a stash of mechwarriors and mechas and assorted other battleships under tokyo!! Look they raised a standing army out of nowhere!!

*looks suspiciously at the japanese*
and plus they have the US

Originally posted by Dingo2004
taiwan should attack china and reclaim at least the southern part of china..
and call it Southern China
i dont think tawiwan is in a hurry to that..... ahha

Originally posted by Dingo2004
china will kick USAs ass
shit USA couldnt even beat the viets
not realli..... if there is a war US will win the war for sure... this is because not only is the US army powerful but also the tawiwanes have excellent air force, like 3 times as better as chinas. plus in terms of pure military power, china is sorta behind in terms of airforce and esp navy (which is bad for china cuz most likely the taiwanese will be attacking via air and water)... though some predict china will catch up around 5 yrs time....

i think tib is hot :rofl: :shy:

im just real bored... sorry :p
thankz.. hahaha but u have never seen a pic of me? :p

santaslayer

HSC
Originally posted by truly-in-bliss

. plus in terms of pure military power, china is sorta behind in terms of airforce and esp navy (which is bad for china cuz most likely the taiwanese will be attacking via air and water)... though some predict china will catch up around 5 yrs time....

thankz.. hahaha but u have never seen a pic of me? :p
1) What about in terms of manpower? China will win for sure, they have the people to sacrafice. :p

2) You uploaded a pic of a girl in your avatar at one stage. That's you right? :p

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
Originally posted by santaslayer
1) What about in terms of manpower? China will win for sure, they have the people to sacrafice. :p

2) You uploaded a pic of a girl in your avatar at one stage. That's you right? :p
haha yeah but still... with china's current military power, regardless of the outcome......if there is a war it means china will lose regardless of the outcome.. :p

and yeah that was meeh.. but i look so diff now... :p

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
hasn't all this quientened down with the one country two govenment thingy.

I went the the closest bit of china to taiwan (the little island owned by taiwan) last time i went to china and it was like a tourist attraction with ppl charging a few cents to borrow a binocoular and look at the island. I didn't see any tension, except for the big "one country, two govenment" sign.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i dont think the taiwanese government would accept one country 2 government policy.. (unlike hong kong).. they are still really against the 1 country thing altogether..

though there is an argument for no war in the immediate future.. that being abt 20 yrs... mainly because the taiwanese governemtn get heaps of money as the votes come in... its soemthing like 20 taiwanese dollars per vote... many pplz think because the ming jin dang has just got elected, they are too engrossed in recieving more money than to be worried abt a war which would posibly threten the current income flow.

Dingo2004

2 6 C 4 U
HSC
china should be at least 6 counties n e way
1. Tibet
2. East Turkistan
3. Manchuria
4. North China (capital Beijing)
5. Middle China (capital Shanghai)
6. South China (caiptal GuongDong)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)