Take a look at how accurate bos member estimates are. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
lyounamu said:
Ok, listen.

UAI is determined by two factors basically: your internal mark and your HSC mark where your internal mark is adjusted according to the list of HSC marks from your school's cohort.

I gave your estimate based on your internal mark/rank which counts for 50%. Whether you get higher/lower from that entirely depends on the other 50%. But there are so many things coming into it. Your school's performance comes in and your own hsc results come in. I have discovered that doing relatively better in HSC is actually better than doing well in internal. Only explanation for your significantly poorer/higher UAI than the estimate is that you either did extremely shit or extremely well and that's highly possible.

And you also have to consider that UAI estimate is only an estimate. Even the calculators that use YOUR OWN HSC results are not accurate. How can mere human beings with NO OFFICIAL HSC results whatsover give you an accurate one?
*oh no he didn't* (black woman deep voice while waving hand side to side)

Scissors

HSC
lyounamu said:
How can mere human beings with NO OFFICIAL HSC results whatsover give you an accurate one?
EXACTLY. so you shouldn't estimate people's uai's then should you?

and just to let you know, my uai was better than what you predicted.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Scissors said:
EXACTLY. so you shouldn't estimate people's uai's then should you?

and just to let you know, my uai was better than what you predicted.
Then why do you ask for estimates in the first place? If everyone is supposedly shit at estimating, no one should have done it either.

But it was YOU who asked for one, so you don't have anyone else but you to blame.

And that's good that you got higher UAI than I predicted. That just proves that you did relatively better in HSC exams. Congrats to you on that.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I love how people shit-talk estimates, then they try to get ones themselves OR they then give other people estimates.

Fuckin hypocrites.

Scissors

HSC
tommykins said:
I love how people shit-talk estimates, then they try to get ones themselves OR they then give other people estimates.

Fuckin hypocrites.
that's me. :shy:

dp624

HSC
lol flame thread.
i give estimates but i try to put as much uncertainty into them as possible.
don't rely on them. i'm only good at estimating the higher end (99.7+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)