Take Two: Holiday Plans (1 Viewer)

conics2008

HSC
ASX game, its a game where you start of with 50,000. You are allowd to invest in companies. It is based on the real life share movements.

It's abit to late, better wait next year, there is school one and public one. since the share market was crap in the public one, i decided to go with the school one, and doing pretty good made 5,000 in profits =) im a happy man, but the money is not REALLL!

If you win the game, you win some money. I dont know, I dont really care, I like the game, gettin the hang of it.

go to www.asx.com.au

PS: NO LIFE

Also, whats up with study notes for maths, i didn't get what you guys were saying ? The formulas I learn to derive them rather then rememberin them ???

justmeme

HSC
N/A
lol at the old thread (what happened to it btw??)

planning each day well.. the day before really..
hopefully i can do some work.

Lebstr

HSC
sleepplease said:
Since the old one got sabotaged...

These hols I want to finish my major work for ext hist, finish mynotes in Mod Hist, Anc Hist, N+S (Ext eng), BNW/BR, French Extension and do many many past papers.

Today I want to:
- Finish mod notes (almost there!)
- Finish Ancient Notes
- Get all my ext-hist mjrwk notes up to date so that I can start writing the draft tomorrow
- Extension French past paper
- French listening practice

How bout you all?
any life u hve??

izzah1

HSC
callol said:
because you just need to remember all the formulas, using them is fucking easy. remembering is a huge part.

Remembering them is one step, applying them is another. If you do heaps of questions you will remember the formula's so you should really spend like 99% of your time doing questions and like 1% remembering formulas cause seriously if you do the questions the formula's become second nature.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
conics2008 said:
The formulas I learn to derive them rather then rememberin them ???
I don't think it's possible to derive all the formulars and still have time to do the test. You should know how to derive them, and remember them also for the 'by first principles' questions. Deriving the formulars for trig, binomial, SHM, projectile motion, parametrics, polynomials... is going to take ages, and you proberbly won't finnish the test on time.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
foram said:
I don't think it's possible to derive all the formulars and still have time to do the test. You should know how to derive them, and remember them also for the 'by first principles' questions. Deriving the formulars for trig, binomial, SHM, projectile motion, parametrics, polynomials... is going to take ages, and you proberbly won't finnish the test on time.
Are you talking about 4u? I think we're supposed to derive formulae for both 3u and 4u. It's not hard though as you said, a bit long. But when you derive them, the answers are shortened remarkably actually.

Plans:
- Practice past paper
- Finish Chem
- Tackle 'The search for better health' (Bio)
- Complete Mechanics
- Finish off all the works for English (11 essays I'm owing my teacher. lolz Legend!)
- Finish reading 'that' stack of novels
blah blah blah :lol:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
it's a stock market game that lasts for a couple of months. you buy and sell shares. that's pretty much it.
Ah yeah - we played that in Year 7 - we checked it for the first few weeks, however, we just gave up later on. We did pretty shit though, ended up with abuot $44 000. I reckon if you didn't spend anything, and stayed with your $50 000, you could technically come Top 3 in the game. :D

sleepplease

HSC
Lebstr said:
even scares me tht u admit it :S u asian?
really why does it scare you? We're doing the HSC, some of us want to get into Med/Law/Engineering/a whole manner of high-UAI courses... People need to study different amounts to achieve their different goals.

No, I'm not asian.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Last time there was a thread like this all my bos friends got banned!!
Well, not all, but a lot.

So yeah.

I wanna go camping =]
hahhahaa

sasan160

v-tec
HSC
ahh so you ppl are studying too...damn...i really just wanna have fun these holidays :bomb: but my fam keeps telling me to study:burn: thus decreasing time i cud spend with the girl....ahhh...so how many hours of study would you guys average a day?????

Last edited:

notaaron

HSC
Amount of work done so far: 0
Amount of fun had so far:8

Muz4PM

HSC
.x.Cookie.x. said:
I have blood poisoning.
So shit.
4000mg of Penicillin a day for the next 3 weeks.
I highly doubt any study/holiday plans will be going ahead.

I had a hot asian doctor though.
Fark, get better soon.

Now, for my holidays. Probably fix up some of my notes, do some study for a physics assessment after the holidays and some maths papers. Aside from that, I will be enjoying a nice bludge.

Last edited:

notaaron

HSC
I've had sport all day/every day so far.
Friday night i might start to do some work.

Next week hopefully knock over what i want to do in 3 days.

:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)