Talent 100 has an ATAR profiler (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
How does it not work?

- Pick/Type subjects
- Type in marks
- It gives a value.

band6man

HSC
Literally google atar calculator, OP is just shilling his gay website

leehuan

HSC
Literally google atar calculator, OP is just shilling his gay website
It's not my website?

The reason I put it up is because it attempts to use 2015 data (I say attempt because obviously the actual data isn't out; it estimates)

And do I look like I care that your actual results aren't out yet? A lot of people actually estimate their result. Plus, that just means if you want a heads up on Dec 16 you can use it then.

Last edited:

leehuan

HSC
It loads. It may have to do with your own browser/connection etc. if it's constantly spinning.

leehuan

HSC
Depending on your browser you can work your way around this one if you do it before Dec 16 - Just put in fake marks in, then use the sliders to change those marks once the HSC results are released.

JAMLO

HSC
There is only an app for matrix and it's only for 2012 and before

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I prefer the old UI even though it was similar to the Matrix one. Bit clunky to use the new one.

The reason I put it up is because it attempts to use 2015 data (I say attempt because obviously the actual data isn't out; it estimates)
No one can possibly know the the data until the technical reports are released AFTER 2015 atars are released. Even then, the data released only allows an approximation.

My assumption is that they have probably tried to aggregate all the data over the past few years to try to provide a "good enough" estimate in general, rather than trying to estimate for a particular year.

leehuan

HSC
I prefer the old UI even though it was similar to the Matrix one. Bit clunky to use the new one.

No one can possibly know the the data until the technical reports are released AFTER 2015 atars are released. Even then, the data released only allows an approximation.

My assumption is that they have probably tried to aggregate all the data over the past few years to try to provide a "good enough" estimate in general, rather than trying to estimate for a particular year.
Like I said, "attempts". Nothing is ever more accurate than what's given Dec 17.

I already stated that 2015 data isn't out yet. But the idea is on top of that they probably compared difficulty in exams and performance over the years. Which gives a slight advantage over information specific to a previous year. That still means I agree with your assumption.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
But the idea is on top of that they probably compared difficulty in exams and performance over the years.
It's a bit difficult to do that - especially across all bands and subjects, but I guess they may have tried tuning the higher marks for really popular subjects.

The UAC use raw marks for ATAR calculation but the marks you use with an ATAR calculator are aligned marks - so they'd also have to try to guess how the subjects would be aligned.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)