Talking/texting on phone while driving. (1 Viewer)

rozymisty

HSC
Very interesting story about drivers, not only young drivers who still think they can text and drive at the same time. One interesting point bought up was like can you walk and text at teh same time? There was one guy trying to text and walk at the same time and knocked himself out when he walked into a pole....so what makes them think they can text and drive?

Before you read the article, watch this really horrifying video showing what has happened, its a re-inactment but its still pretty harrowing and upsetting to watch.

YouTube - PSA Texting while Driving U K Ad HD

Research shows why you shouldn&squo;t text and drive | The Courier-Mail

Not to mention that if your caught you get fined and if your on your Ps, big trouble!

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
wow

research shows there is a reason for them implementing something

probably a first

quik.

HSC
Haaate the useless cunts that do this

If my friends answer while driving I call them dumb and hang up

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Dude I'm gonna go out on a limb and ask whats wrong with it? Back when I used to do it (ie before the bike) it never affected my driving. Still held a straight line, still indicated, still did head checks. When I was texting I'd suss it out with one hand and T9, then give it a quick once over at the lights with the handbrake on and then send it.

I don't see it as any different to using the radio/talking to a passenger.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
because
if u are looking at your phone you wont notice shit

i still do it
like, fuck seriously typing on an iphone is hard, try that shit while on the highway

its not different to pulling your dick/closing your eyes and seeing how long you stay in a straight line etc

quik.

HSC
You say it never affected your driving, but studies (SCIENCE) say it does

Even if you are a mental giant capable of talking/txting while driving without it having any impact on your awareness, you would be the exception and not the rule

The amount of dumb shit I have seen people pull while on the fucking phone

Most people are pretty shit drivers on their own, let alone while talking to their friends about whatever dumb crap is going on in their lives

I seriously consider grabbing it and chucking it if their window is open

The radio is completely different so I'm surprised you would even compare the two. Talking to a passenger is different because conversation level adjusts with conditions (shown in study/s).

Personally I am not much of a phone person, if someone calls and I miss it I don't rlly give a shit and prob won't call them back. I don't see what is so important that it can't wait 20min til you get to wherever.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
the majority of drivers are fucking useless and shouldnt be allowed to go over 80 imo

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Texting I don't do because I'll probably hit another bike rider, but I use the hands free kit all the time because tbh I don't find it any less distracting than talking to a passenger.

rozymisty

HSC
Changing the radio only requires a few seconds to do that, and CDs well if you have the multistacker, you just push a button and thats it.

Or if you have a very urgent message/phone call, just pull over in a safe spot and answer it. As i said earlier, try walking fast and texting and see if you dont run into anything!!

Your peripheral vision doesnt always pick up everything, and say if you were near a intersection, and you got your head down, how can you see if there is some dickhead who has driven straight out at you and you dont have enough time to react huh?

As for talking with passengers, your conversation level changes according to conditions. Like with me, i can sometimes talk for a bit, but other times im like ah hang on. Thats why they have the curfew up here in qld how you are only allowed to drive between 5am-11pm, and you can only have one friend in the car when you are learning, to help you concentrate....though many dont do that sadly.....

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
nah i can post on bos while driving and i havent run into anything ever

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Your peripheral vision doesnt always pick up everything, and say if you were near a intersection, and you got your head down, how can you see if there is some dickhead who has driven straight out at you and you dont have enough time to react huh?
You see more in your peripherals when its dark.

will-anal

Banned
HSC
Yeah well I have a full licence and am not bound by such ridiculous curfews. I still don't see a difference between hands free and conversation, as I often ignore the phone call for a few seconds if my attention is diverted, as with passengers.

Elite.Meat

fuck you all
HSC
The roads i drive are basically wide open and empty. i have no trouble talking on the phone, texting, reading the paper on the way to work etc. With no cars on the road, good vision, and good driving conditions it is easy to keep the car straight while multi tasking.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)