Talking to yourself during exams (1 Viewer)

reps2g

HSC
Do you guys find it that you perform better if you talk aloud about your thought process in exams?

HSC
i never talk in exams lol the most was in maths hsc last week i just kept making angry sounds when i forgot how to do the thing, it was so frustrating

Eduard_Khil

CASIO fx-82ES PLUS
HSC
N/A
yeah, it's actually proven to help people in exams especially in the case of over anxiety and mental blanks/breakdowns, haven't you found sometimes (more common in maths) that there are parts that you can do normally with such great speed, but you spend more time on certain sections that aren't too hard, by talking to yourself this ultimately establishes an objective which you can clearly work through step by step to achieve your answer (especially necessary for maths)
I don't speak it out aloud in the exam lol, but I do mouth it, or whisper it very silently or without a sound, especially when I'm trying to rememorise things, this correlates with my memory, because through study of key factors for exams that require a lot of essays, legal, eco, modern and english, I usually remember my info by saying it out loud in a certain order anyway, so in the exam by saying it out, helps stimulate all those past hours of practice I've had ultimately maintaining my level of optimal arousal as well as putting down massive amounts of content.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
I make angry facial expressions that get supervisors to stare at me and question my sanity.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
^lolol

I think I do. I do it subconsciously and then realise I'm doing it so I shut up. people around me must think I'm insane/find me really annoying

ahdil33

HSC
Yeah, I always do this for any subject which requires thinking, Eco, Maths SDD etc. But almost silently.

madharris

HSC
N/A
Yep,always taking to myself during exams, which is weird because I don't do it when I practice.

I don't do it on purpose though, just kind of happens and I don't realise it

lani22

HSC
well usually when i study or do homework i talk to myself without realising

and i realised in maths yesterday i was muttering to myself haha

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
^lolol

I think I do. I do it subconsciously and then realise I'm doing it so I shut up. people around me must think I'm insane/find me really annoying
I kinda hope that everyone else would be too focused on their own exams to notice. In my trials one of the supervising teachers came up and asked me if I was ok. LOL.

Rawf

HSC
I don't speak aloud, I just whisper to myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)