TAR 5 on Channel 7 (2 Viewers)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
Fry said:
oohhhh...The Amazing Race. i was thinking 'what the hell is this show and how come ive never heard of it???'
lol and seven think australians just dont like the amazing race, teh dont even know about it.

TARFlyFromOz

HSC
Hey routemarker, do you mind letting me how you got the confirmed starting date for TAR5? All I've ever got from Seven when I've rang them is that it 'will be shown in a couple of months'.

routemarker

HSC
Last edited:

routemarker

HSC
a change from seven, better news!

From sevencorporate.com.au

On your marks, get set, go! All new Amazing Race coming soon to Seven. | 28 September 2004

The fifth instalment of the two-time Emmy Award-winning series The Amazing Race will premiere on Thursday October 14 at 8.30pm on Seven.

Amazing Race 5 features 11 teams of two, each with a pre-existing relationship. The contestants travel the world, racing through several international locales, performing mentally challenging and physically gruelling tasks.

Without mobile phones and carrying only limited cash, the teams will be filmed around the clock as their wits – and relationships – are pushed to breaking point.

Those who can’t keep up with the quick pace will be eliminated from the competition, while the team to make it back first with all the tasks completed wins the global game of the century – and a $US1 million cash prize!

The teams in Amazing Race 5 are: Brandon and Nicole, a dating Christian couple from Los Angeles; Kami and Karli, identical twins from Eugene, Oregon; Linda and Karen, best friends, mothers and amateur bowlers from Palmdale, California; Marshall and Lance, brothers who run a pizza restaurant in Dallas, Texas; Charla and Mirna, cousins from Baltimore, Maryland; Dennis and Erika, formerly engaged, now trying to rekindle their love from New York; Bob and Joyce, widowers who found each other on the internet, from Mount Laurel, New Jersey; Colin and Christie, dating from Corpus Christie, Texas; Chip and Kim, married parents from Orange County, California; Jim and Marsha, an ex-military father/daughter wanting a closer relationship from Florida; and Alison and Donny, an on-again, off again-couple from Pennsylvania.

The Amazing Race 5
Premieres Thursday October 14 at 8.30pm on Seven

No alterations this time, the full 90 minute premiere will be shown.

Thursdays are changing, plus stargate looks to be back in primetime.

*Thurs 14 October
7.30 My Wife And Kids (unchanged)
8.00 The Simple Life 2 (unchanged)
8.30 The Amazing Race (90 minute season premiere)
10.00 Stargate (new timeslot - 2 hour season finale)

*Then from Thursday 21 October
7:30pm My Wife and Kids
8:00pm The Simple Life 2
8:30pm The Amazing Race
9:30pm Stargate SG-1 (Season 8 Premiere)(This ep introduces characters of Atlantis)
10:30pm Line of Fire ( New Series Premiere )
11:30pm Playing it Straight ( New Timeslot )

*from medispy.org

Last edited:

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
routemarker said:
The Amazing Race 5
Premieres Thursday October 14 at 8.30pm on Seven

No alterations this time, the full 90 minute premiere will be shown.
Finally we get to see the full series premiere.

And its stitting in a GOOD time slot for at least 2 weeks? Hooray!

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
THE AMAZING RACE won OUTSTANDING REALITY COMPETITION PROGRAM in an extremely tough year, at this years Emmy Awards, edging out favorite, THE APPRENTICE (Thankfully).

The eligible Season was Season 4, marking a 2nd win in this category, for the Chip & Reichen season.

routemarker

HSC
washedup_artist said:
i love the amazing race and am rapt about great new timeslot BUT Playing it straight at 11:30???

NO!!!!!
it did very badly for seven even stargate which was on at 10.30 with no promotion got higher ratings than playing it straight which has a massive promotional blitz during the olympics.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i can't wait i am so excited :D
i hated when it was on late i always forgot about it
or couldn't be bothered to stay up n watch it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)