Target removes GTA V from sale (1 Viewer)

Confound

HSC
If Target does not respond to the call for a ban on fifty shades of grey and the Bible then they are discriminating dogs, hypocrites and support inequality.

fk target, im joining these "mock" petitions

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
This is exactly what I don't understand...

There are other media available which displays/portrays/encourages acts of violence. Why are they not targeted and removed/banned as well???

Someone pls educate me on this matter
I think there's an element of difference when you can have people of any age actively engage in violent activities and in doing so 'normalize' them. Movies and books and other mediums don't have the same level of interactivity that games do, and nor do they have any sense of reward or accomplishment for participating in violent activities.

That being said there has been more than enough studies that have shown violent games do not lead to violent people, save for those with pre-existing mental health issues, so that argument doesn't stand.

Cleavage

Clarence
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember how much importance my Target (my workplace) associated with the release of GTAV, holy mother

Boxes and boxes and boxes of it

Banning of GTAV now is purely a marketing strategy, to attain some "good points" with the socially conservative faction of their customer base

It'll be very interesting to see if Target/Kmart refuse to sell GTA VI

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Banning of GTAV now is purely a marketing strategy, to attain some "good points" with the socially conservative faction of their customer base
the outrage didnt come from social conservatives though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)