• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

tas - good times? (1 Viewer)

flip

HSC
N/A
hey just a quick question on TAS
are all "good times" treated equally?
or is the good time you put in first (furthest left) your best time and the tas system takes it as your first preference

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
As far as I know they are treated equally.

You can always change the time you are given during week 1, either in Quad Lab 10 or by downloading the Telnet software from the FCE site (available in week 1)

flip

HSC
N/A
"TAS will then do a random allocation of students to their 1st GOOD TIME. If the 1st preferences fill up, then students who have a 2nd preference will be randomly chosen from the full class and moved into their 2nd preference so that a new student with their 1st preference can be placed in the class. TAS will shuffle through this process for about 3 more times. At the end most everybody will have their 1st preference. Some will have their 2nd preference, very few people will have their 3rd preference, and so on. There may be an occasion where all preferences for a student are full. In this case the student will remain unallocated until someone moves out of the class. You can be assured that these occasions are rare."
taken from http://www.fce.unsw.edu.au/current_students/tas.shtml#works

i always thought there were 1st, 2nd, 3rd prefs
until i actually saw the TAS screen where really all good times seem on equal footing so i'm really confused. and if the times are treated preferentially then it really does make a bit of a difference in chosing my tut times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)