Teacher’s Wages (1 Viewer)

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Just asking out of curiosity do teachers from selective and non selective schools get paid the same given that both have equal merit? I do know that private schooling wages are a little different as teachers can get paid bonuses etc.

quickoats

HSC
Yes. To be fair I reckon teachers (well most) at a selective school have the easier job - some barely teach and assume the students just learn it all at tutoring lol

5uckerberg

HSC
Yes. To be fair I reckon teachers (well most) at a selective school have the easier job - some barely teach and assume the students just learn it all at tutoring lol
Is that where the pathetic belief that teachers have it easy come from. If so then I think this is going to give a very bad impression for aspiring teachers because they would then think everything comes easy.

Last edited:

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you have a source to show where the wages are equivalent between different types of schools? Or is this just an assumption?

quickoats

HSC
Is that where the pathetic belief that teachers have it easy come from. If so then I think this is going to give a very bad impression for aspiring teachers because they would then think everything comes easy.
This is more seeing the wide variety of teachers there are. Some put a lot of effort into their work (which is greatly appreciated) (generally the younger crew that are very passionate), but there is a proportion of them who really do take it easy - these tend to be the older, more permanent staff who pretty much can't be fired unless they do something illegal and on a very solid paycheck (and you get the impression that they hate kids and their job).

We need more passionate teachers in the education system so it's great that there are heaps that are doing the right thing by setting a good example, it's just a few bad eggs. At the school I went to, there were quite a few of these oldie bad eggs :(

quickoats

HSC
Do you have a source to show where the wages are equivalent between different types of schools? Or is this just an assumption?

Wages are determined by band (experience in terms of years) for normal classroom teachers. Principals and head teachers have different earnings which are also outlined here.

Public service jobs will usually have transparent and publicly accessible wage information. Teachers have a strong union (which is a good thing for the most part) but this means that any full time teacher with a given amount of experience (x years) will receive the exact same remuneration, whether they work for a comprehensive or selective school, whether they even do their job or not, and regardless of the hours they stay at school etc.

5uckerberg

HSC
Meaning it is very hard to sack teachers. Thus, as such, they become the ire for some people who find that they are trying to move an immovable rock. But when you have a very good teacher an union is very beneficial for them as they get rewarded eg, Eddie Woo.

Ledepressedrightnow

HSC
No he is pretty right

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)