Teacher Comments (1 Viewer)

Plodygon

HSC
Recently I just got my year 9 report, and I was wondering if teachers have to say something that the student must improve on? See, a lot of my teachers said that I had to study more and review the notes from class. And then my sister told me they have to say something to improve on, and that's probably why they said it.

So I'm not sure. I don't particulary want to do extra work if I don't have to... but that's basically only because I'm lazy.:apig:

Do you think they were serious?

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Recently I just got my year 9 report, and I was wondering if teachers have to say something that the student must improve on? See, a lot of my teachers said that I had to study more and review the notes from class. And then my sister told me they have to say something to improve on, and that's probably why they said it.

So I'm not sure. I don't particulary want to do extra work if I don't have to... but that's basically only because I'm lazy.:apig:

I wouldn't care if it was a crap teacher who said it. I don't listen to crap teachers, just believe in yourself and you're good.

lychnobity

HSC
Yes. But you're in year 9. Stuff up while you can. Then pick up the pace in year 11 & 12.

I was an exemplar student my entire high school life, so I had nothing to improve on academically. All they ever said was I needed to continue working at the same rate to come first.

elmo rox!! :D

HSC
they just copy and paste anyway so it is possibly not specifically written to you

but i do beleive that they should give encouragement for good students to extend themselves, or they may get bored and not reach their full potential

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Teacher comments mean jack all anyway. Usually it's just a standard proforma and they just change the student's name each time. And even then, I once got a comment from my Science teacher where he forgot to change the name...

Plodygon

HSC
teacher comments mean jack all anyway. Usually it's just a standard proforma and they just change the student's name each time. And even then, i once got a comment from my science teacher where he forgot to change the name...
lol

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Teacher's comments mean nothing to me. Most of my teachers get their comments form a program anyway, so in the end, a lot of my comments are the same as some in my class.

HSC
Teacher comments mean jack all anyway. Usually it's just a standard proforma and they just change the student's name each time. And even then, I once got a comment from my Science teacher where he forgot to change the name...
Lol, in Year 8 I changed schools halfway through the semester, and got a PDHPE comment saying that I had demonstrated strength in a comment that I hadn't even studied.

riya03

HSC
Teacher's comments mean nothing to me. Most of my teachers get their comments form a program anyway, so in the end, a lot of my comments are the same as some in my class.
I couldn't agree anymore. When I compared my report with my friends, I noticed that most, if not all, the comments were similar. The only major difference was where it had my name, it had my friends name on her report.

So, I dont think they were serious.

K

khorne

Year 11 reports:

Ext 1 Maths Mark 50/50 rank 1/81 this was the comment:

Blah blah....Khorne could improve his results by regular study and doing several past papers.

I'm pretty sure they do have to give you a study comment.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
yeh, i agree. our teachers get it from a program as well and my comments (for math) have been the same word for word.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
Lol yeh, everyone in my PE class got the exact same comment despite getting different overall grades.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
^
My maths comment are pretty much identical every single year, even with different teachers XD

Most of my comments don't tell me how to improve, some tell me to keep up the good work though if that counts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)