Teacher Power??? (2 Viewers)

blackglitter

HSC
the-derivative said:
I think the school can stop you from doing a subject/course AT THE SCHOOL. However if you go to TAFE or Open High School or something, then the school has no power to stop you.
Yeah that sounds right - but really, it's unfair that they stop you in the first place

blackglitter

HSC
Exphate said:
Yes, but institutional image is so much more important than the student's choices. Especially in the age where the private sector is starting to gain more of the "market". We can't have people turning to private and making our public schools redundant now can we!?
No of course not lol

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Solution to make a public school popular: make it selective. :eek:

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
If the school actually offers the course or level then they cannot stop you doing it unless the they need to set up a criteria and the class is full e.g. to do Advanced you need an A or B in the SC and we will only be able to run one class of 25 and 25 meet that criteria (25 is the maximum number in State high schools I think for a Senior class but I may be wrong on that number).

If the class isn't full then you can insist on doing it and contacting your school's BOSLO officer will find that that is the case.

nikitadhami

HSC
tell the teachers to shove a pole up their asses cuz they cant make u do want u dunt want to do or keep u from doing wat u wanna do.

cuz thats pretty much wat i did. i wanted to do ext maths....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)