• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Teachers and their reactioons to HSC/UAI (1 Viewer)

Sparcod

Hello!
Joined
Dec 31, 2004
Messages
2,085
Location
Suburbia
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Hi all.
I'm just wondering if any of you had BBQs or Morning Teas to go to on Wednesday, like we did so that teachers can find out our UAIs.

By the way, if there was, how did your teachers react to your results?
 

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
1,227
Location
NSW
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
We didn't have a morning tea, but phones were ringing around. All the teachers I spoke to were absolutely stoked - our little rural independent school had its best year ever, with at least 7 guys out of 23 getting UAI 90+, and nearly 20% band 6's. It's been a very happy few days. :D


I_F
 

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
387
Location
Terrigal
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
We didn't have BBQ's or anything, but I went into school the day UAI's came out. My teachers were going on about how proud they were of me for finishing and how great I went.... when I actually didn't do well at all haha :p
 

pritnep

Boredof?
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
3,950
Location
Newcastle
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
Nope no BBQs or any other UAI gauging exercises from my school to my knowledge.

However I can assume like me my teachers would be quite pleased.
 
P

pLuvia

Guest
Teachers were stoked, they recorded all of them down as well
 

CheekyPunk

Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2006
Messages
57
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
We didnt have anything like that, but i'm guessing the teachers at my school will be very pleased and proud.
It's rare that our school gets a band 6 in english (our teacher has only seen two at our school) we got another.
Our chem teacher said that when we get a band 6, its like we wont the lotto. We got two of them, so i guess we won the lotto twice =P
And also, my friend got a 99 UAI, which i doubt has every happened at our school xD

Unfortunately, the english and chem teachers (coorinators too) retired, so i wont get the opportunity to talk to them =(.
 

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
826
Location
so's your face
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
We had a BBQ on Wednesday yeah....

All the teachers/principal came out and asked us how we went.

My IPT/SDD teacher was absolutely ecstatic because he got 1st and 3rd in NSW for IPT!! :D

And yeah, the principal wrote down all of the UAIs for boasting etc...
 

lilsxcwog89

Lazy Ass
Joined
Apr 5, 2004
Messages
205
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
We had a morning tea on the day the UAI's came out. I didn't go but my Year Co-ordiantor found out about my results and called me at home to ask what UAI have obtained. But apparently not that many people attended our UAI morning tea.
 

Lizcat

Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2006
Messages
109
Location
Sydney
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
yee we had a morning tea.. and while we were there, the teachers started walking into the hall.. and There the were!!.. with freaking clip boards in hand! haha.. it was hilarious..
we had really good results.. i think as a whole we all did really well.. we got heaps of acheivements and some acheivements that barely anyone gets..

top of the state in a subject
and 2 band 6's in standard english (outa like 8 people in the entire state)
pretty good.. and also other things.. but i think these are really good results
 

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
5,280
Location
middle of nowhere
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
our teachers were stoked, 2006 has been the best year our school has seen in a while, i think. they were writing down our results and hugging us and being all excited and happy :D it was great.
 
P

pLuvia

Guest
Everyone in general at the high UAIs achieved by lots of people, and two state rankings and one all rounder.
 

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
6,341
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
I'm glad we never had a BBQ or anything like that because most of us are quite unhappy with our results. I was also glad that presentation day was not on the same day the HSC results were released because they were shocking, especially for chemistry (1 x band 6 this year compared to 17 last year WTF!!!!!!!!). Last year's Year 12s beat us in virtually every subject in the number of band 6s/E4s except for English and English Extension 2 where they were up a bit this year. The only state ranking we have was a girl who got 19th in Business Studies compared to last year where there were about 5 people hogging the state top 20 in Mathematics, one person got 2nd in the state for History Extension and 6th for Mathematics Extension 2, one person got 10th in Biology as well as other people topping the state in Mathematics 2 unit, (and externally through Khmer Continuers and Accounting)....:(
Sure, the principal and teachers will try to make a positive out of our shocking results but deep inside I know they're probably a bit disappointed.
 

haque

Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2006
Messages
429
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
I didn't go to the uai morning but from what i heard they were pretty shocked at our results(in a bad way), although we got 3 state rankings just for extension 1 maths(inc urs truly) our performances other than maths ext2 were worse than last year-especially english, absolutely hopeless, like 9 band sixes? I know how trebla feels, sefton was a really good school when it came to maths and a few of the sciences-i guess our principals need a rethink or a reshuffle
 

mitsui

мιтэuι
Joined
Aug 31, 2005
Messages
1,191
Location
somewhere
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
our school did worse than last yr
11 band6s in english vs. 19 last yr
zero band6 in phy vs. 1
etc.

xD
highest uai 99.5, as compare to 99.65 last yr
 
P

pLuvia

Guest
Same although we had more band 6s than last year (rise from 81 to 94) our highest UAI is 99.3 as opposed to 99.5 last year (but this may change awaiting on the second dux to inform us of her UAI :p) And also only one all rounder as opposed to two last year and so far only 1 99.xx as we got 3 last year :(

And also our rank dropped dramatically 13 places and will continue dropping (no hope for the current year 12s at our school :))
 

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
Joined
Jan 13, 2005
Messages
5,280
Location
middle of nowhere
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
pLuvia said:
Same although we had more band 6s than last year (rise from 81 to 94) our highest UAI is 99.3 as opposed to 99.5 last year (but this may change awaiting on the second dux to inform us of her UAI :p) And also only one all rounder as opposed to two last year and so far only 1 99.xx as we got 3 last year :(

And also our rank dropped dramatically 13 places and will continue dropping (no hope for the current year 12s at our school :))
that's still quite good though, well done to whatever school you go to :)

our school did heaps better in comparison to last year...last year's top uai was 94.55 (my uai! lol) - this year it was 99.6... and we got 3 all rounders (we usually dont get any, or just one) and our ranking went up by more than 150. next year's hsc class have pretty big shoes to fill, at least by my school's standards.
 

Spon888

Member
Joined
Sep 9, 2005
Messages
71
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
We had a morning tea, and someone came up with the fantastic idea of writing our UAI's on a label and sticking them to our shirts. It completely avoided any uncessary and akward conversations with teachers who were simply trying to find out and record your UAI.

I believe the purpose for gathering this information is to see how many new desks they can get from the government next year.
 

pink668

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2005
Messages
60
Location
cab
Gender
Female
HSC
2006
Trebla said:
I'm glad we never had a BBQ or anything like that because most of us are quite unhappy with our results. I was also glad that presentation day was not on the same day the HSC results were released because they were shocking, especially for chemistry (1 x band 6 this year compared to 17 last year WTF!!!!!!!!). Last year's Year 12s beat us in virtually every subject in the number of band 6s/E4s except for English and English Extension 2 where they were up a bit this year. The only state ranking we have was a girl who got 19th in Business Studies compared to last year where there were about 5 people hogging the state top 20 in Mathematics, one person got 2nd in the state for History Extension and 6th for Mathematics Extension 2, one person got 10th in Biology as well as other people topping the state in Mathematics 2 unit, (and externally through Khmer Continuers and Accounting)....:(
Sure, the principal and teachers will try to make a positive out of our shocking results but deep inside I know they're probably a bit disappointed.
hey trebla, are you from sefton?

we did pretty bad as a whole this year, so far i have only heard about 98s, do you know any 99s?
 

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
Joined
Feb 16, 2005
Messages
6,341
Gender
Male
HSC
2006
pink668 said:
hey trebla, are you from sefton?

we did pretty bad as a whole this year, so far i have only heard about 98s, do you know any 99s?
Yeh, I'm from Sefton....unfortunately. I think Bianca and Serena got 99s seeing how they're all rounders. I'm pissed off knowing that I could have been an all rounder and could have got 99 with a little bit extra seeing as I got 88s and 89s grrrrr....
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top