Teachers changing the marking guide line in trial exams!?? (1 Viewer)

HowToNoob101

HSC
Hi all, I've just got my physics trial exam back and I am pretty happy with it, but I realised that for one of the questions the marker has changed the marking guideline on the given "Independent marking guideline" at which my answer is just as stated on the actual guideline, but the marker has changed the guideline so that my answer is no longer right! I feel that the teacher has basically changed something which is right to something that's wrong, and my question is are they even allowed to do that? - Changing a fact.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hi all, I've just got my physics trial exam back and I am pretty happy with it, but I realised that for one of the questions the marker has changed the marking guideline on the given "Independent marking guideline" at which my answer is just as stated on the actual guideline, but the marker has changed the guideline so that my answer is no longer right! I feel that the teacher has basically changed something which is right to something that's wrong, and my question is are they even allowed to do that? - Changing a fact.
Are you sure it's something wrong and that she hasn't just corrected the marking guidelines (ie from exam comittee) ? (I know for cssa physics some QUESTIONS had to be corrected, unsure about marking guidelines tho)

Mind posting the question and answer you put down?

bedpotato

HSC
I guess so...my teachers always do that.

I think the teacher knows what they're doing and didn't change "something which is right to something that's wrong". Sometimes the marking guidelines can be wrong. But if it's bothering you a lot, just talk to the teacher and ask why.

Last edited:

Buwwy

HSC
My school did the physics independent paper as well. Our teacher said that the marking guidelines were pretty poorly done for a few questions (e.g. that it doesnt deserve a 3/3 but rather a 2 or a 1) and I really have to agree there. If i recall, that slingshot question was one of them. So they changed the marking a bit for us. I can't see how if they changed it, your answer should be completely wrong.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
My modern history teacher didn't agree with one of the multiple choice question answers in the CSSA papers. The marking guideline said that the correct answer was A, but my teacher disagreed and said the answer would not make sense and isn't right, so he changed it to C.
He is a senior HSC marker, he explained his reasoning as to why he disagreed with the guideline and most of the class could see his point, so I ~think~ he knows what he is talking about lol.

HowToNoob101

HSC
Yeah, I have considered that the given marking guidelines might be wrong, but I have shown it to my tutor and he has agreed that the given marking guidelines are right, and the answers that the teacher has changed to is wrong.
And btw the question I'm talking about is the meissner effect one - it is one of the last questions.
Basically the question is talking about how there are two students investigating the meissner effect, at which student X says that the magnet levitates dues to eddy currents being formed, where as for student Y says that it's because the superconductor expelled and magnetic flux through it. I have answered that student Y is correct, but the teacher changed it so that they are both correct! But how can student X be correct when he is talking about eddy currents - which requires a change in flux to be able to be formed, but there is no such change in flux..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)