teachers contributing to stress. discuss. (1 Viewer)

theycallmebob

HSC
the one thing that bugs me about the HSC so far is the amount of pressure teachers put on people. if you're late for homework or don't do this or that they tear you up. it stresses me out.

sure it's their job to make sure we succeed, and it makes their job easier if we cooperate, but in the end it's my business, my problem.

I say they should treat us uni fashion. leave it up to us.

I call for change, people.

EDIT
I'm not a whiney teenager, just a campaigner for respect

Last edited:

HybridKath

More like HybriDead
HSC
It also depends on the school/culture of the school, the teachers I have pretty much say "We'd really really really like you to complete that homework, but if you don't, we won't beat you up on it" at my school.

Remember not everyone is self-motivated to study and give it their all, so they just try to fly through it. Some people do need that extra nudge from the teachers to get going.

Overall, though, I'd agree with teachers placing just a little bit of pressure on students. The overbearing pressure from parents and the fact the HSC is just around the corner is enough for most people, and if teachers breathe down your neck... it's not very pleasant.

Examine

same
HSC
An essay on theycallmebob

Man's greatest achievement? Perhaps not, but can you afford not to read on when I am about to tell you about theycallmebob ? Underestimate theycallmebob at your peril. Cited by many as the single most important influence on post modern micro eco compartmentalism, several of todays most brilliant minds seem incapable of recognising its increasing relevance to understanding future generations. Inevitably theycallmebob is often misunderstood by so called 'babies', who are yet to grow accustomed to its disombobulating nature. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

Social Factors

While some scholars have claimed that there is no such thing as society, this is rubbish. When Lance Bandaner said 'twelve times I've traversed the ocean of youthful ambition but society still collects my foot prints' [1] he could have been making a reference to theycallmebob , but probably not. While the western world use a knife and fork, the Chinese use chopsticks. Of course theycallmebob clearly plays a significant role amongst the developing middle classes.

Status, Security, Fame - theycallmebob , all revolve around this 'golden fleece'. Clearly it promotes higher individualism and obeyence of instinct. As soon as a child meets theycallmebob they are changed.

Economic Factors

We no longer live in a world which barters 'I'll give you three cows for that hat, it’s lovely.' Our existance is a generation which cries 'Hat - $20.' We will study the Simple-Many-Pies model, as is standard in this case.
Inflation

theycallmebob

Clearly the graphs demonstrates a strong correlation. Why is this? It goes with out saying that inflation, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by theycallmebob due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. Perhaps to coin a phrase theycallmebob economics will be the buzz word of the century

Political Factors

Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Politicians find it difficult to choose between what has become known in politics as - 'The two ways' - theycallmebob and political feeling.

We cannot talk of theycallmebob and politics without remembering the words of nobel prize winner Augstin Lionel Forbes Dickinson 'Man's greatest enemy is complacency with regards to personal and political hygiene.' [2] I couldn't have put it better my self. When it comes to theycallmebob this is clearly true. I feel strongly that if politicians spent less time thinking about theycallmebob and put more effort into their family life, that we would have a very different country.

Is theycallmebob politically correct, in every sense? Each man, woman and to a lesser extent, child, must make up their own mind.
Conclusion

To conclude theycallmebob may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still important. It enriches, provides financial security and never hides.

Here with the final word is Hollywood's Uma Schwarzenegger: 'My Daddy loved theycallmebob and his Daddy loved theycallmebob .

Last edited:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I say you should suck it up and do your work properly, as you should.

If you're complaining about High School now, just wait until you hit Uni where the workload is even greater.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Most of the teachers at my school are pretty chill-if you want to do well, they want you to do well. But they aren't pushy like selective and private schools are.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
According to certain stereotypical statistics, the biggest contributor(s) to stress are.....
ASIAN PARENTS!

enoilgam

HSC
the one thing that bugs me about the HSC so far is the amount of pressure teachers put on people. if you're late for homework or don't do this or that they tear you up. it stresses me out.

sure it's their job to make sure we succeed, and it makes their job easier if we cooperate, but in the end it's my business, my problem.

I say they should treat us uni fashion. leave it up to us.

I call for change, people.
Just ignore them - I remember my english teacher used to bag me all the time for being lazy because I didnt do my homework. But at the end of the day, I wasnt going to waste my time with her stuff because the homework was useless and I had better things to do. You have to rise above it, at the end of the day, you ultimately answer to yourself and not your teachers. Also, I'd prefer high school teachers who care and offer you more hands on help than uni lecturers who could care less.

theycallmebob

HSC
I say you should suck it up and do your work properly, as you should.

If you're complaining about High School now, just wait until you hit Uni where the workload is even greater.
I'm not complaining about the workload man. I do my work just fine. it's just everyone has their days, and I don't like to be treated like a child.

theycallmebob

HSC

Man's greatest achievement? Perhaps not, but can you afford not to read on when I am about to tell you about theycallmebob ? Underestimate theycallmebob at your peril. Cited by many as the single most important influence on post modern micro eco compartmentalism, several of todays most brilliant minds seem incapable of recognising its increasing relevance to understanding future generations. Inevitably theycallmebob is often misunderstood by so called 'babies', who are yet to grow accustomed to its disombobulating nature. In the light of this I will break down the issues in order to give each of them the thought that they fully deserve

Social Factors

While some scholars have claimed that there is no such thing as society, this is rubbish. When Lance Bandaner said 'twelve times I've traversed the ocean of youthful ambition but society still collects my foot prints' [1] he could have been making a reference to theycallmebob , but probably not. While the western world use a knife and fork, the Chinese use chopsticks. Of course theycallmebob clearly plays a significant role amongst the developing middle classes.

Status, Security, Fame - theycallmebob , all revolve around this 'golden fleece'. Clearly it promotes higher individualism and obeyence of instinct. As soon as a child meets theycallmebob they are changed.

Economic Factors

We no longer live in a world which barters 'I'll give you three cows for that hat, it’s lovely.' Our existance is a generation which cries 'Hat - $20.' We will study the Simple-Many-Pies model, as is standard in this case.
Inflation

theycallmebob

Clearly the graphs demonstrates a strong correlation. Why is this? It goes with out saying that inflation, ultimately decided by politicians, will always be heavily influenced by theycallmebob due to its consistently high profile in the portfolio of investors. Perhaps to coin a phrase theycallmebob economics will be the buzz word of the century

Political Factors

Politics, we all agree, is a fact of life. Politicians find it difficult to choose between what has become known in politics as - 'The two ways' - theycallmebob and political feeling.

We cannot talk of theycallmebob and politics without remembering the words of nobel prize winner Augstin Lionel Forbes Dickinson 'Man's greatest enemy is complacency with regards to personal and political hygiene.' [2] I couldn't have put it better my self. When it comes to theycallmebob this is clearly true. I feel strongly that if politicians spent less time thinking about theycallmebob and put more effort into their family life, that we would have a very different country.

Is theycallmebob politically correct, in every sense? Each man, woman and to a lesser extent, child, must make up their own mind.
Conclusion

To conclude theycallmebob may not be the best thing since sliced bread, but it's still important. It enriches, provides financial security and never hides.

Here with the final word is Hollywood's Uma Schwarzenegger: 'My Daddy loved theycallmebob and his Daddy loved theycallmebob .
dafuq?

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC

Social Factors

Economic Factors

Inflation

theycallmebob

Political Factors

Conclusion

lol wth did I just read :lol:

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
I'm not complaining about the workload man. I do my work just fine. it's just everyone has their days, and I don't like to be treated like a child.
Two options:

1. Ignore it.

2. Get on the teacher's good side somehow.

Can you give us a particular example?

Coookies

HSC
Im not sure some teachers realise everyone has 10 or more units and therefore can't focus on their subject. Especially during assessment period grrr

theycallmebob

HSC
Im not sure some teachers realise everyone has 10 or more units and therefore can't focus on their subject. Especially during assessment period grrr
this.

they think that their subject is paramount. especially english teachers

Cl324

HSC
N/A
English teachers are the most bias
Get on their bad side and game over

jnney

lemon
HSC
well, I didn't read a book over the holidays and she gave me a hard time.
Maybe because she was concerned about your progress in English? Teachers don't bag you out because they're bitches, they do it because they mean well.

Last edited:

Cl324

HSC
N/A
Maybe because she was concerned about your progress in English? Teachers don't bag you out because they're bitches, they do it because they mean well.
Some are generally bitches.
They dont get paid enough to enjoy what they do

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Can I give a teacher's perspective?

At many schools there is also pressure on the teachers to get good results so they pressurise the kids to they can tell their Heads of Department and/or Principals all that they did to ensure good marks.

I know it can be a pain but when you are asked to fill in forms explaining why you didn't get xxxx number of Band 6s and how you are going to work with the next group to raise the number of Band 6s the teacher does need to put some pressure on the students to get these Band 6s to get the higher levels at the school off their backs.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

Social Factors

Economic Factors

Inflation

theycallmebob

Political Factors

Conclusion

Strong coke and pasta for dinner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)