teachers printing off notes from this site? (1 Viewer)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
well we all got the free excel survial guides to hsc... inside there was advert to uai seeker and he just told the class not to use it because it's a load of garbage and does not give accurate result, it's merely good to satisfy yourself with imaginary results. it was something along those lines.....
Oh really? I wasn't aware of that advertisement... I can understand the 'anti-paying' attitude... I'm more concerned about the accuracy comment. Mainly because that's the part I'm responsible for. And there's no way I would have endorsed such a product unless I was at least reasonably sure that it was reasonably accurate (and up until now I've been very sure that it was very accurate). D'you think you could possibly do me a favour and find out from him why he thinks this way, what he's based the conclusion on?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
yeah... it's odd, i went to see a careers advisor at school a few weeks back (first time i'd ever seen one at my current school) to ask for some general information about preferences etc. she asked me what uai i was expecting, and i said something along the lines of "well im not sure but ive used a uai estimator thingy and it said..." and she automatically gave me this cold sort of wary look.

shes like "oh you dont rely on those things; they're very rarely accurate" and i just said oh no i think its okay.. and she told me not to use it at all??

pfft, fuck that, going through the uai's of people last year on this forum, most seemed within a few points of their estimates.. and those who were way off probably weren't realistic in their percentiles etc.

T

timbk2

Originally posted by Lazarus
Oh really? I wasn't aware of that advertisement... I can understand the 'anti-paying' attitude... I'm more concerned about the accuracy comment. Mainly because that's the part I'm responsible for. And there's no way I would have endorsed such a product unless I was at least reasonably sure that it was reasonably accurate (and up until now I've been very sure that it was very accurate). D'you think you could possibly do me a favour and find out from him why he thinks this way, what he's based the conclusion on?
and also which paper the ad was in .. i thought "bos" dont like us, so they dont mention us in the paper cause they make the study guides

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah u might wanna know most of the teachers are against the estimator

Rahul

Dead Member
our sdd teacher printed out all of fatmuscle's notes from his site. but he doesnt use the notes on boredOS. some teachers however recommend it to their class.

Last edited:

s2ophie

HSC
Our english teacher dictated the entire scene by scene summary from csu and the when people asked him to repeat it he said 'You need to keep up. This is coming off the top of my head!'

And on the UAI seeker thing, our careers room has one in it (not the UAIseeker, some other one) and why are teachers against it? For medicine applications they need an estimate so do they just make them up!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)