Teachers strike friday !! HAHAH (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by v sia
2 hours only ... that sux
any1 else know of any other strikes ?
How do you know there's a strike?

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by kow_dude
How do you know there's a strike?

It was confirmed by the Teacher's Fed in the papers.

News Flash! They might cancel it now because the Industrial Commission has unexpectedly re-opened the court case, meaning that while negotiations continue, the strike might be off :(

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
NOOOO... that's bad
i wanted to go out and eat, then have 2 frees added on.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I wouldnt get up early enough to go out and eat :p but then again I dont have the two extra frees...:(

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
but i still have to come back for roll call.
darn!
i feel like its about time we should have another strike

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Re-opening the case? Darn..I would have missed triple math..
oh well, at least this benefits public school tecahers

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
It was confirmed by the Teacher's Fed in the papers.

News Flash! They might cancel it now because the Industrial Commission has unexpectedly re-opened the court case, meaning that while negotiations continue, the strike might be off :(

NOOOO

Collin

HSC
N/A
Trust me people, you guys doing the HSC shouldn't want strikes. That's one less period you have to go to immediately, true; but one more you'll have to catch up on, which inevitably gives you less time for revision in the end.

For an academic sake, don't view strikes as a good thing. Just my 2 cents.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but for recreation sake do think of them as great

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
For an academic sake, don't view strikes as a good thing. Just my 2 cents.
I dont view them as good things. Generally, I grumble and complain about strikes (esp the marathon we had a few weeks back) but the thought of two hours of extra sleep in the middle of winter is oh so tempting :)

I could use morre (much more) class discussion time for most of my subjects actually :(

Collin

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by iambored
but for recreation sake do think of them as great
Of course, but 'recreation' becomes secondary during the HSC year, unless you don't intend to excel or achieve a high mark. You want to finish the course syllabus as soon as possible, so that you have maximum time to revise.

Originally posted by Sarah168
I dont view them as good things. Generally, I grumble and complain about strikes (esp the marathon we had a few weeks back) but the thought of two hours of extra sleep in the middle of winter is oh so tempting :)

I could use morre (much more) class discussion time for most of my subjects actually :(
Study hard and go well in the HSC exams. You'll have 4 months of holidays to look forward to after the hard work (assuming you're go to uni).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Study hard and go well in the HSC exams. You'll have 4 months of holidays to look forward to after the hard work (assuming you're go to uni).
ahh that is one of the better and sensible motivational comments I've heard in awhile :)

Edit: re readin it, it doesnt seem much different to other comments but the linking of "study hard" and "go well in the hsc" must have perked me up :p

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Of course, but 'recreation' becomes secondary during the HSC year, unless you don't intend to excel or achieve a high mark. You want to finish the course syllabus as soon as possible, so that you have maximum time to revise.
yeah and i would have got angry if this had gone on last year as well, but since they can't do anything about it there's no point stressing about lost lessons and making themselves more stressed out, they may as well enjoy it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)