teachers (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
hey everyone. i just wanted to know what evrybody's teachers for modern history are like? u hate em? or do u like em? i personally think my teacher is a bit dry sometimes but mostly he's ok coz i like the subject. wat do u guys think?

Aussiechick

HSC
my history teacher is really cool, she's young and down to earth - she said she'd take us all down the pub after graduation lol

She's a good teacher too, I've learned a lot

Mike iE

HSC
Our year 11 teacher was great, a real nice guy and he explained things well. Then he went to Europe for a term and we had a really dry teacher who sat there and talked the whole lesson, which was ok because she covered things in depth, but sent you to sleep in the process.
We are apparently getting our original teacher back this year which will be excellent.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
My year 11 & 12 teacher was awesome, one of the best teachers i've had. He was a bit of a cynical bastard, but I spose being one of very few males in a females school can do that to you. He always made you do the best you could and that's probably what motivated me in that subject. Modern History ended up being my fave subject and I did really well in it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
does everybody's yr 11 teacher immediately become their yr 12 teacher? thats what happens at my school

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
You stay with the same teachers from prelim to HSC. At least that's what you should do.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
Never is. But I wouldn't have changed my teacher anyways.

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
my mod. hist teacher in yr 12 was really great. in subjects like history i think your teacher makes all the difference with how you feel about a subject (and consequently how well you perform)... in yr 11 i was ranked 7th/50 for mod hist and hated it, in yr 12 i changed teachers and went to 1st and loved it

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
I guess when you have a teacher that you like they'll keep you more involved in the lesson and interested which helps alot.

Cicciolina

HSC
She's alright except since she's written a few textbooks she always goes "and in my textbook, you can see a very detailed outline of..." which gets a bit irritating, because, yes, we all know about her books!

sugared plum

HSC
my modern teacher was so adorable. she was extremely nice and really enthusiastic about the topics. modern was one of my favourite classes.
it is actually a good subject, too, which helps

Benno

HSC
yeah my modern hist teacher is cool as, very down to earth calling everyone "darling" etc lol

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I have two modern teachers simultaneously, this is likely to stop this year...

They basically just sat in the class and bickered:
"Well I managed to keep my head clear [of drugs] in the 60s and 70s? What about you? [to the other teacher]"

*No Response*

Fantastic :p

Sasky

HSC
lol Ziff.

But nah, we have one teach who's absolutely fab, she's my favourite teach too. She went away to Europe on long service leave last term and we had THE most hilarious guy teacher - well, it's our first male history teacher we had - and he's also from the HTA. He was really cool, he also lectures at USYD and goes overseas every year, so we're gonna miss him this yr.

SUNIL

HSC
OMG my year 11 teacher was the WORST..she was really old and absolutley hated by all the staff!...shepased onhr agr to hr cas, and we would never learn anything as someone is always snapping a her, or makin fun of her....shewas bitch,,,,we got a heaps bettr teacher now PHEW

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Originally posted by Ziff
I have two modern teachers simultaneously, this is likely to stop this year...

They basically just sat in the class and bickered:
"Well I managed to keep my head clear [of drugs] in the 60s and 70s? What about you? [to the other teacher]"

*No Response*

Fantastic :p
Now Now Ziff, leave little drugged up Trickett alone. Wilson (1 of our yr 11 teachers and now our yr 12 teacher) is awesome, teacher and marker, just because you dont like her. :p

Jennibeans

HSC
my modern history teacher is excellent. i managed to come 1st in yr 11 even tho i did not so flash in yr 10 history. i agree with spin spin i think the teacher makes a helluva lot of difference cuz if you hate the teacher you'll hate the subject and you wont do the work.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Lol nah, Wilso's great, it's just that trouble -maker Trickett :p

He's a bad-seed, an instigator!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)