Teaching Pdhpe (1 Viewer)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Hi, im doing my hsc this year, and l8ly ive been searching around for courses for which i would like to do ( didnt want to leave it as a last minute thing ^_^)
my prime objective is to teacher pdhpe at the end, but then again i am not all that confident with myself, although my marks do look like a good 80+ uai applicant, im still not that confident, so i found a range of subjects,
my only concern is, i dont know of these subjects can lead me towarrds a job as a teacher in pdhpe
my lil list consisted of:

B AppSc (Exer & Sp)/BSc Nutrition - 92.45
B App Sci (Exercise & Sports Sci) - 89.35
BA Human Mvt Grad Dip Ed/int stud. - 84.25
B Ed (Sec: Human Movement) - 82.30
BA Sport & Exercise Management - 81.25
B Science (Health and sports sci) - 85.00
B Health Sciences - 79.10
B Health Science (PDHPE) - 77.20 -uws(pentrith)
B Ed (physical and health ed) - 79.00
obvisouly i would need to also do a dip of ed. later on with most of the courses on the list. but are their any other alternatives i can take? and are any of these really off track?
your help is appreciated
Thank you.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
i think the main ones you'd be looking at are
B Ed (physical and health ed) - 79.00
B Ed (Sec: Human Movement) - 82.30

They're the ones that will allow you to teach straight out of uni.

However, you could always do one of the other ones then add a diploma of teaching at the end! There's always ways around it!

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
theres also a special college place where you can become a pdhpe teacher.. i think its in homebush or something
im not sure the entry requirements but im pretty sure it exists
[edit] http://www.acpe.edu.au/
it does exist but its a full fee paying thing.. so around $13000 per year..

Last edited:

s_kisses

HSC
im currently in 2nd yr pdhpe teaching at sydney uni i think the 2005 uai was 80.5.. its an excellent course

Cab31

HSC
I think the best ones to do are the human movement/ education courses. These not only allow you to teach, but will make u a qualified sports scientist as well :)

doe

HSC
N/A
yeah my cousin did a degree in human movement. he was a long time surfer bum (he was very good at surfing and all sorts of water sports). he moved to byron bay to live the good life, bummed around for a few years but then got a job as a masseus (sp?) and personal trainer. byron was full of hippies who'd done six week courses in massage or whatever, but he was actually qualified so they were quite impressed.

i think to be a teacher you just need to do a diploma of education, so for eg you could study physics at uni then do the 1 year dip ed and become a science teacher.

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Thanks guy, ive been looking at the australian college of physical education, it looks good, but then again i dont think my family are in the financial position to pay for a full fee paying course
the csu course looks pretty good aswell, im wondering is anyone doing that one?
the couse i initial wanted to do was the human movement/international studies
allowing me to expereience a few things over in another country ( looking at japan atm, due to relatives are there), then i would come back to a dip ed ^_^
but hey atm, im looking at all possiblities ^_^
the more information the easier for me to make up decisiion
i couldnt find on uts's site anything about real estate around the kuringai campus region, anyone got ne ideas on how much a rent will cost?

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
my cousin did some pe teacher course too at usyd though.

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Ill back up the Human Movement/Education at CSU. I know many people doing it and the majority are happy with the degree.

Mike iE

HSC
I do Human Movement @ UTS and am really enjoying it. You dont have to choose until 3rd year whether you want to do teaching, or graduate without the Dip Ed. We do some practical activities, but your level of ability doesn't matter, as it is aimed at demonstrating the concepts were taught.
I'm not sure about how much rental properties cost, im guessing 120-150/week.

Cab31

HSC
Mike iE said:
I do Human Movement @ UTS and am really enjoying it. You dont have to choose until 3rd year whether you want to do teaching, or graduate without the Dip Ed. We do some practical activities, but your level of ability doesn't matter, as it is aimed at demonstrating the concepts were taught.
I'm not sure about how much rental properties cost, im guessing 120-150/week.
Is your HM 3 or 4 years? (just out of interest). (im doing Hm as one of my degrees)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
miss_gtr said:
so im looking at this course for next year aswell.........but i have a question, when ur diong human movement ..health at uni, is there any physical activityin it..like do u need to be "sporty"?

Alot of the people I know who do human movement are generally 'sporty', but not all. Heres the subjects you do:

http://www.csu.edu.au/courses/ug/edu/hmtsec/ (Human Movement/Sec Ed)

http://www.csu.edu.au/courses/ug/edu/hm/ (human movement)

If you've got questions though, ask and I'll see if I can find out - half my dorm does HM.

rockets

HSC
N/A
How much does it cost for dorm accomodation per semester and what do u get for that?

Mike iE

HSC
Cab31 said:
Is your HM 3 or 4 years? (just out of interest). (im doing Hm as one of my degrees)
3 years for human movement
4 years with a Dip Ed
5 years if you do International Studies

Cab31

HSC
Mike iE said:
4 years with a Dip Ed
oh ok. HM by itself is 4 years at my uni. Im doing it with podiatry and its 5 years. thanks

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
Mike iE said:
4 years with a Dip Ed
5th year international studies, is that like the one in UTS, where we travel overseas and study there? ( ur refering to CSU right?)

Densuki

eXpress Yourself
HSC
rockets said:
How much does it cost for dorm accomodation per semester and what do u get for that?
hehe, could some1 please answer that? im interested aswell ^_^
thanks

Skeeta

HSC
ACPE - Australian College of Physical Education is really good apparently. Its in homebush.

my b/f is a sportsperson type guy and got a $20 thousand scholarship (and he didnt even get a UAI) so if ur not sure about ur marks, or ur really good at sport, try there.

they do ALOT of presentations - so if ur not very confident in that, maybe another course would be better for you but its a teachin course so you cant really avoid that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)