Teaching Style / Seminars (1 Viewer)

magic

HSC
HI,

I am selecting a law degree for next year. I would like to know what sort of classes there are for Law at Usyd. I have read in other threads that they are seminars. What are they like? Does the lecturer/tutor go thru lecture slides or does the lecturer explain concepts in a perdefined order, or is it depending on the questions that students ask, making it more like a discussion. Do you get a lot of opportunity to ask Qs or is it better to ask after class. I have become accustomed to the lec + tute style in my previous degree. Is the seminar style more helpful/effective for you?

Are printed lecturer slides given in class or available for download online or do you need to make your own notes?

I have read in other threads that there are 2x two hour classes for most subjects making four in total. Are they both seminars or is one a lecture. And is it taugh by the same staff.

I have read a lot of positive feedback about the course, but is there anything in particular that you don't like about law at Usud

I have read a lot of positive feedback about the course, but is there anything in particular that you don't like about law at Usyd

Thank you

Last edited:

magic

HSC
Is the new law building on the main USYD campus, when will it be finished (built) and in use? That would make travelling by train a little less convenient for me. Because you would need train+bus as compared to St James campus.

Rorix

HSC
It was supposed to be finished in 2008 so I'll be suprised if the schedule doesnt change again..!

One of the negatives of USYD law is the low amount of commercial subjects in the compulsory course..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)