• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

technical feasibility (1 Viewer)

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I'd imagine all you'd need to know is that it's used to discover the software and hardware that is going to be used. The system's analyst would determine whether or not necessary hardware and software to create the project exists.

That's about all I've learnt on it.

Glide

Yes, in my textbook all it says, basically that it deals with matching hardware and software requirements with the sometimes unrealistic view of users.

Also talks about having to know about latest developments in the field if your a system analyst...

Inhuman

HSC
Potential problems -> whether you need custom drivers, whether a connection can take heavy traffic, that sort of thing is also useful to know

Glide

Yeah... depends on the question really... they want you to decide what should be taken into consideration I guess.

Winston

HSC
You gotta be a little thinking in terms of technical feasibility it links back to budgetary feasibility, for example if the desired hardware configuration for the target users are not met thus the need to upgrade and re-access on the budgetary feasibility.

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
regarding technical feasibility....if theres a scenario which needs high tech equipment such as a barcode scanner or a touch screen but its expensive, is that a technical or a financial constraint?
thanks

Glide

its not financially viable because the technology is too expensive.. Combination of both I guess :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)