techniques for different texts (1 Viewer)

S3ng

HSC
hi i would like to know the different techniques that are used in different texts such as poems, featured articles, picture etc..

I know for poems there are similes, metaphors, personification, juxtaposition but is there more?

plus i'm struggling on techniques for a picture, featured article, extracts from a novel, report, interview etc

i would appreciate your help

rachael.mcgee

HSC
there are heaps of techniques for images...like lighting, composition, use of text (if any), focal point, subject matter, use of colour. just make sure with any techniques, you know WHAT the technique is and what the EFFECT of that technique is.

like the 'ivory trail' image on our stimulus booklet...it has a clear foreground, middle ground and background. each image has been merged into the next to integrate all aspects. colour= earthy, egypty, whatever. only problem is...i havent really studied this one in detail so i dunno exactly what each technique does in relation to journeys!! but you get the idea (hopefully).

language is a biggie used in pretty much all texts, eg. is it emotive language, highly descriptive et.

sorry i dunno if that makes sense...i sorta just rambled...but yeah! goodluck!

S3ng

HSC
it all makes sense. Thanks a lot for your help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)